cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

tolgayilmaz86
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Hello, rift s user here. Can this disable the guardian popup which each time bothers me i put my headset on. I use this for only racing games ina seat, I dont want to use controller or play area.

This has nothing to do with the Oculus Tray Tool.  If you are only using seated apps you can turn off guardian from your Oculus dashboard settings/guardian panel.

I've disabled it but it keeps asking it everytime and i have to manually skip form oculus home. I've opened a ticket but it seems it is a very common annoying thing that oculus just refuses to solve. Maybe OTT would be able to manipulate some registry keys for just disabling them.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Hello, rift s user here. Can this disable the guardian popup which each time bothers me i put my headset on. I use this for only racing games ina seat, I dont want to use controller or play area.

This has nothing to do with the Oculus Tray Tool.  If you are only using seated apps you can turn off guardian from your Oculus dashboard settings/guardian panel.

I've disabled it but it keeps asking it everytime and i have to manually skip form oculus home. I've opened a ticket but it seems it is a very common annoying thing that oculus just refuses to solve. Maybe OTT would be able to manipulate some registry keys for just disabling them.

I doubt that OTT can do much here.  I don't think your problem is all that common imho.  At least it has never happened to me with either a Rift S or Rift cv1.  All I can suggest is you go to Rift S device setting and reset your guardian.  When it comes to setting guardian boundaries skip this part.  Also, make sure you have watched the safety vids. You may want even try doing a complete Rift S setup again.  Another workaround might be to remove your controller batteries. 

Also, continue to work with Oculus Support to see if they can identify the cause of your problem.  In any case please post this sort of thing in the Support section rather than pollute this OTT thread.  Thanks, and here's a couple of links you may find useful;

https://support.oculus.com/398803194304530/?locale=en_GB

https://support.oculus.com/745498142959600

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

tolgayilmaz86
Explorer
Why is it sometimes ASW in Oculus Debug Tool is shown as "Auto" even though in OTT it is disabled and OTT started without issue?

TuTAH_1
Honored Guest
87.0 is dead. After installing that over 86.4, get everything empty, button click makes error likes this (that error I get clicked on "Profiles → View&Edit") or just don't works. Installed 86.9 over 87.0 and everything is working again. But in 87.0 everything is broken
 1lh5wk9qjxya.jpgom8d7rhbqhx7.jpg

My Steam profile (My PC hardware here)

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@tolgayilmaz86  Maybe make sure you are starting OTT up as an administrator.  Plus there is no need to run ODT and OTT at the same time.  Startup with OTT, then Oculus app.  Then use the Visual HUD options (once you are in a game) to see that OTT has honoured your settings, including any game profiles you may have set.

@TuTAH_1  Version 87.0 has been working fine for me for quite a while (after updating it from 86.9) so I'm not sure why you are having problems.  Maybe check the OTT manual troubleshooting section and/or send some OTT logfiles to the OTT developer.  In any case, I don't think that there is any significant differences between 86.9 and 87.0.  Good luck
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

tolgayilmaz86
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

@tolgayilmaz86  Maybe make sure you are starting OTT up as an administrator.  Plus there is no need to run ODT and OTT at the same time.  Startup with OTT, then Oculus app.  Then use the Visual HUD options (once you are in a game) to see that OTT has honoured your settings, including any game profiles you may have set.

Thanks for your answer, just tried in game and checked with visual hud(after restarting PC) didnt touch anything opened the game with visual performance HUD and it was etiher 80FPS or 40FPS indicating ASW is not disabled by OTT. Later on checked in debug tool it was in auto but in OTT it was disabled.
After disabling ASW in Debug Tool I now able to see values 60-70-80.
My OTT starts with windows and a popup appears eac time I logged on so I asume it works with admin privilages, can i check it somewhere else?.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Thanks for your answer, just tried in game and checked with visual hud(after restarting PC) didnt touch anything opened the game with visual performance HUD and it was etiher 80FPS or 40FPS indicating ASW is not disabled by OTT. Later on checked in debug tool it was in auto but in OTT it was disabled.
After disabling ASW in Debug Tool I now able to see values 60-70-80.
My OTT starts with windows and a popup appears eac time I logged on so I asume it works with admin privilages, can i check it somewhere else?.

First of all I would avoid starting up OTT with windows because this sometimes can cause problems.  Just start it up from a shortcut on your desktop and right click on it , select properties, and check the box; requires admin.  This is the first thing I would do.

I just tested mine by starting up OTT, then ODT, and both the ASW (off in my case) and SS (2.0 in my case) values were the same in ODT that I set for OTT. 

This forum is apparently going to be modified over the next few days so we will not be able to post during this time.  So if you are still having problems maybe contact the OTT developer and ask him for help.  In the meantime, maybe just use ODT to set these values.  Good luck mate.

EDIT;  Also, if you are using Oculus desktop app with beta enabled, try disabling this and go back to last stable (v25).  Apparently ptc v26 is causing some problems.

That seems fixed the issue thanks but isn’t there any automated way?

EazyCheeze1978
Honored Guest

Great work, Apollyon - Unfortunately, I must stick with 0.87.0 for now, as 0.87.1 has introduced (at least for me) a bug in the audio switcher, in which only two speaker/microphone devices are shown in the switcher, and none of them are the devices for Headphone/Microphone for my HMD (Rift S). Uninstalling and downgrading back to 0.87.0 fixed this and all my system's audio devices are again displayed.

Hope this can be fixed soon! Take care and have an amazing day.

Thanks for mentioning this! I had the same issue with audio after OTT update. Now I rolled back to 0.87.0 and it's fine.