cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Shooter80
Explorer

ApollyonVR said: 
current version: 0.86.3.1
Is there anywhere to get older versions of this tool? I have it set to open on startup and at least 70% of the time it gets stuck on "Starting up, please wait...". I've read older versions (84/85) don't do this (or are much less likely to do so) so I'd like to try that.

I really want to like the program, but since it breaks more often than it works, its kinda hard.

(Also, when I delete entries out of the Libraries list, they are back again whenever I restart it)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Shooter80 If you send me some logs i can take a look at that. Do a start in debug mode and if/when it hangs, let it sit there for a min or two, then kill it using the task manager if it still has not started. After that, grab the ott.log from the installation path and send that to me. To run in debug mode you either

a) Go to the Advanced tab and click "restart in debug mode"
- or -
b) Run it from an elevated command-prompt with "oculustraytool.exe -d"

Feel free to also send me a log from when it starts up as it should so i have something to compare with, preferable also in debug mode.

Also, library entries are taken from the registry and will be repulated on restart. I'll take a look at making something that let's you permanently ignore locations.

Cheers!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Shooter80 said:

ApollyonVR said: 
current version: 0.86.3.1
Is there anywhere to get older versions of this tool? I have it set to open on startup and at least 70% of the time it gets stuck on "Starting up, please wait...". I've read older versions (84/85) don't do this (or are much less likely to do so) so I'd like to try that.

I really want to like the program, but since it breaks more often than it works, its kinda hard.

(Also, when I delete entries out of the Libraries list, they are back again whenever I restart it)

I've never had any of those problems.  Maybe you do not have there right authority levels on your PC, who knows.  Also, I still find it best to start up OTT manually since I also use other headsets (Vive).  I use OTT to turn on/off Oculus ovrservices runtime and audio switching.  Both work very well.

I hope you get your issues sorted out.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

bakinec
Honored Guest

If you send me some logs i can take a look at that.

I get the same "Starting up, please wait..." issue with the latest version most of the time. I have never used any prev versions so I have no experience to compare to. Sent you my debug log. Please assist. Thx a lot.

TheawesomeMCB
Honored Guest

Hi,
I sent you a message on reddit an I saw that there was this fourm post so I thought this would be easier to get int touch with you.

So I’m having issues with your tool and trying to stop the Inateck pci card
(Frencesco) from going into a power saving state. I found this tool hoping that
it will stop my sensor from saying poor tracking quality. However it doesn’t
work. I tested it and even though I have the application configured to say not
to go into a power management, as soon as I wake the computer from sleep it
will say Poor Tracking quality. And the only way to fix it is to reconnect the
sensor in the usb slot. I currently have the KT5001 but does it only work for
the KT4001 & KT5002? I have attached some pictures of the one I have as
well as the settings I have it set to and what the other 2 are. I even went as far as installing the drivers from the website rather than the ones Microsoft give you. Also I have tried the Regular startup and Scheduled Task but that didn't work either.

2goagim4zs4p.pngwynyszdgvmgt.pngbmw5srwunrv0.png8hamn34scfog.png7nolci7wjemd.png
It would awesome if you could help me!

Regards,
TheawesomeMCB

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@TheawesomeMCB I've sent you a PM so take a peek at that when you get the chance.

Cheers!

Sofian75
Expert Protege
Already working fine with my Quest, do you plan on adding support for the new Oculus Link options?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Sofian75 I would love to but i don't own a Quest so it might be a bit hard to do. What are teh options you are looking for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sofian75 said:

Already working fine with my Quest, do you plan on adding support for the new Oculus Link options?

Best as I can tell OTT works just fine with the Quest connected to PC through Link.
It thinks you are running the Rift.

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
Yes, the Quest using Link should work just like a Rift so overall the OTT should work with it without issues. I have not tried it much yet though.

But in update 12 a new debug feature was added for the Link feature to be able to change the resolution of the graphics rendered on the Quest... so more than just an SS feature it seems. Which should have some effect on the clarity of the Quest when using Link. Seems like a feature that would make a lot of sense to have in the OTT (if possible, but so far similar things seems to have already been done with OTT)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/83561/oculus-link-resolution-with-v12?fbclid=IwAR27...