cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus - Use&MustHave?

Mousepad33
Explorer

Hello everyone, 

i just want to hear your opinion in general about the Oculus VR-Headset. I am a casual gamer but i want to test VR. Is it worth to buy the Quest 2 or should i take the step back and choose the older version?

Thank you for all your opinions!

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get the Quest 2. Be aware it requires a Facebook account.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@Mousepad33 wrote:

Hello everyone, 

i just want to hear your opinion in general about the Oculus VR-Headset. I am a casual gamer but i want to test VR. Is it worth to buy the Quest 2 or should i take the step back and choose the older version?

Thank you for all your opinions!

Quest 2 for sure. You can play everything available on Quest 1, but with greatly improved visuals and potential exclusives not available on Quest 1 (such as the upcoming Resident Evil 4).

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

My Quest 2 is still going strong. It can handle pretty much anything you throw at it in terms of room-scale, moving frantically, getting sweaty, and of course, PCVR.

McNutts
Adventurer

The Quest 2 is better in almost every way so get the Quest 2. 

For $299 you are getting one hell of a product. You can watch TV shows, movies, and play normal games on a massive movie theater screen in VR. I watch movies all the time with family members who live on the other side of the country and it's like we are sitting right next to each other.

The VR is great compared to all the other consumer headsets out there. The G2 might have higher resolution but it has worse tracking and cost twice as much. You really can't go wrong with the Quest 2 unless you can't use Facebook for what ever eason.

Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index