cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app not opening

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
This morning the Oculus app is not opening, I used it last night as usual ended the session as usual, this morning all I get is the oculus black square and the little round thing trying to do something but nothing is happening. I tried to delete Oculus software re downloaded it re installed it but it gets stuck at that black oculus square as if I did not have a headset plugged in. Yes I've checked all cables and connection everything else works in my PC. Checked Steam it tells me that it cannot detect a headset.
For the record I didn't do anything wrong last night I mostly play sitting down, no slamming into walls or anything.

Anyone else had the same surprise?
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
3 REPLIES 3

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Update, I still have my other computer AM3 based and the oculus software works on that one but on my other one (specs on my signature) what ever I do the software gets stuck right after the program loads where you click next and I have to use task manager to close it, nothing else works to get the black oculus logo off of my screen, it's just stuck there loading. I've repaired, reloaded the software, re loaded windows, checked all drivers, not that all this didn't work the day before it happened but what else could I do right. I realize 1 out of 100,000 peoples can make heads of tails of this but if it ever happens to someone else, and you find this in the search, know that you're not alone lol

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Update Again: Problem solved, I used Revo uninstaller (free version) to uninstall the oculus software, it's very easy to do, once in the program you uninstall the oculus software as usual and then revo scans for any trace left on your drive C there's a lot of stuff left and one of those things that stays there is the culprit and gets in the new install which gives you the same problem over and over again. So you delete all traces of the last install and re install the oculus software and everything magically works again, thank god cause that kind of computer to surf the net is a little overkill loll
Yay back in action, watch out boneworks without lag

T-I-double-ga-er
Honored Guest

Same problem on mine and my wife’s phone and ipads

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?