cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 stuck on pin/login

P0K3YYY
Honored Guest

I forgot my pin, I accidentally deleted the oculus app and now I’m not logged to my account and every time I try and reset the password to my account I used, it says I already merged to Facebook but when I try to login to Facebook using my email, it doesn’t work. I can’t factory reset because I need a pin to factory reset it, so now I have practically a hunk of plastic and metal which is completely useless asking for my pin that I can’t remember 

1 REPLY 1

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey @P0K3YYY Have you tried using a Desktop browser, or try requesting the Desktop Website from inside your mobile browser.  Try that and see if you can't get your password reset that way. You can also use an incognito browser as well, which sometimes helps.
For the Factory Reset issue, instead of trying to Factory Reset through the app, you can force a factory reset by using the buttons on the headset:

1. Make sure your device is charged
  2. Turn your headset off
  3. Hold the Power and Volume-down button until you see the boot screen. 
  4. Use the volume buttons to select "Factory Reset" and press the Power button.

286631901_399225195552931_2423963661391570534_n.png

It'll ask you "Are you sure?" 

Select "Yes, erase and factory reset"

Let me know if any of these steps work for you

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?