cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus store in app

DojiIasu
Honored Guest

Sorry for the very basic question. I am very new to owning an oculus quest 2. I downloaded the app and everything is working fine, but I am a bit confused about the store. Every product I click on is saying it is for the Rift or Rift S. I see absolutely nothing that says quest or quest 2. Is it possible the app is set up incorrectly? The device I have is working well and I have been using it successfully with my steam VR (although I don't think I am doing that right either).

Can someone explain what I am missing? I did try to search the issue first, but I did not see anything relevant.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you connect your Quest 2 via either Oculus Link or Wireless to your PC  then you are basically doing PC-VR and any Rift games on your PC should work. If you use the headset as a stand alone device, then you are looking at Quest games that get stored on the headset itself.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

If you’re talking about the PC app, that store is only for PC games. Although PC games are referred to as Rift games, they will also work with your Quest 2 when it is connected to your PC via Link (in Link mode, the Quest is basically being used as a Rift).

The phone app can access the stores for all platforms; hit the dropdown at the top of the screen to choose between the Quest, Rift, or Go stores. The in-headset store will show you games for the platform you’re currently on, so the Rift store if you’re connected to your PC via Link, or the Quest store if you’re in stand-alone mode.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?