cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus touch pre-order priority status with updated email address [SOLVED]

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
Hi guys,

I just received the mail about the priority place to pre-order Touch. (supper happy to finally see it comming! 😄 )

I have a question, probably only @cybereality can help but since I may not be the only one in that case, I found it usefull to ask here.

I have pre-ordered my rift 1st day with an email address. I recently changed the e-mail address attached to my Oculus ID via the Oculus App.

To get my priority pre-order in do I  need to use the old email address (that is not my oculus account anymore since I use a new one), or the current one attached to my Oculus account.

I got the mail about it in the new email address. That's why I'm asking. If your system has correctly updated my account settings, you should be able to retreive my january pre-order status without any problem.

(I hope my question make sense ^^")

The only Oculus site that I can still log in with the old email is the support, where you submit and respond to tickets

I still have the other email, and I could just put it back as my Oculus account email, and pre-order this way, if it simplify everything

(I really really want this to go as smoothly as possible!)

EDIT by cybereality: Solution here: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/443205/#Comment_443205

CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV
29 REPLIES 29

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

heyman77 said:

I just ordered a Oculus rift on Oct 10th, does it qualify to be on the priority list of Touch?

You're about 9 months too late, it was only for pre-orders

heyman77
Honored Guest

TwoHedWlf said:

heyman77 said:

I just ordered a Oculus rift on Oct 10th, does it qualify to be on the priority list of Touch?

You're about 9 months too late, it was only for pre-orders

Thank you @TwoHedWlf , so looks like I can only order when it's available for public, in Dec?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
You can still pre-order the touch, you'll just be in line behind people who pre-ordered a rift.

Adder500
Honored Guest
Another possibility is that Oculus have 'reserved' a portion of the overall Touch stock that covers every person that pre-ordered the Rift and registered their interest in Touch. That would mean that as long as you place your order before the deadline, you'd be guaranteed to get them and if you don't, your controllers will be 'released' back into general stock ready for the December ship date.

Greyman
Superstar

Adder500 said:

Another possibility is that Oculus have 'reserved' a portion of the overall Touch stock that covers every person that pre-ordered the Rift and registered their interest in Touch. That would mean that as long as you place your order before the deadline, you'd be guaranteed to get them and if you don't, your controllers will be 'released' back into general stock ready for the December ship date.

That's the scenario that my money is on, as I had taken the "a place in line" message to be to reassure peeps that they would get first dibs on being able to preorder one.  Otherwise, more specific words would and should have been used, perhaps something like "You will maintain the same position in the Touch line as you were in the Rift line".  

OK, so i'm no wordsmith, but we do all appear to be guessing at the moment.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer

Adder500 said:

I think the whole thing is nuts, imagine preordering a rift and finding out that u are reserved in in the same order as the preorders from the rift.....some of us waited months?
Only Oculus could come up with this idea if its even a reality?? which i doubt..

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
So, to finally answer the original question, if you have your order, on your Oculus account, log-in before placing your Touch pre-order. Then you'll have this on your order history page :

Pre-order

Congratulations: your prior Rift preorder qualifies you to have a preferred place-in-line for your Touch preorder!

Estimated shipping dates: Dec 06 - Dec 15

Edit : how do you mark a thread as answered? I can't find the button anywhere ^^"

CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

Constellation
Expert Protege
Same here. Also everyone please note that the "preferred place-in-line" message does not appear in the confirmation email -- it's only on the confirmation screen -- so don't worry just be happy you'll be holding the Touch soon enough!

AFAIK I don't think you can mark a thread as answered or close it. Hopefully @cybereality can do that for us because this thread has already derailed and we'll be getting a lot of notifications.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer

JeffBail said:

Same here. Also everyone please note that the "preferred place-in-line" message does not appear in the confirmation email -- it's only on the confirmation screen -- so don't worry just be happy you'll be holding the Touch soon enough!

It's also visible when viewing your order status online.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No prob. Locked thread and edited w/ solution.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV