cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

fgeist
Honored Guest
A big, fat F**K YOU to Apple.

I hope the number of overall produced DK2s doesn't change
and all this means is that a huge pent-up batch is going out next week.

If this actually delays future orders I'll be very upset.
Ordered: August 27th, Germany Status: October 12th, Processing October 15th, ARRIVED

selkess
Honored Guest
can cyberreality confirm shipping clogging from china ?

jinxgenius
Honored Guest
FGS Apple need to manage their own cargo and transportation, instead of hijacking the normal delivery traffic of the rest of the world
CPU: Xeon DP E5630 x2 Mobo: Supermicro X8DAL Ram: 48GB GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 DK2 Order Status: ARRIVED Location: Hong Kong Date: JUL 9

t3mr0i
Honored Guest
Am I wrong?
Isn't oculus sending the oculus rift from England for EU?
And the processing is meaning that it is waiting in the Distribution Center in England isn't it?

jinxgenius
Honored Guest
"t3mr0i" wrote:
Am I wrong?
Isn't oculus sending the oculus rift from England for EU?
And the processing is meaning that it is waiting in the Distribution Center in England isn't it?

so... where does it assembly in? :roll:
those who have the DK2, can you let us know more?
CPU: Xeon DP E5630 x2 Mobo: Supermicro X8DAL Ram: 48GB GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 DK2 Order Status: ARRIVED Location: Hong Kong Date: JUL 9

t3mr0i
Honored Guest
Yes, they assemble them in China. But i thought that they are in already in the uk when they are processing. Because I have heard that it takes around one week from processing until it arrived at their door

swatsqad
Honored Guest
I just love how oculus is open about their issues. Where is the pathetic monthly update? Not even that anymore?

diogofigueiredo
Protege
"swatsqad" wrote:
I just love how oculus is open about their issues. Where is the pathetic monthly update? Not even that anymore?

What were Palmer's words again? "The company is built on transparency blah blah blah..."
They're really falling short of that.
Owner of a DK2 since October 2014. Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.

swatsqad
Honored Guest
"diogofigueiredo" wrote:
"swatsqad" wrote:

What were Palmer's words again? "The company is built on transparency blah blah blah..."
They're really falling short of that.

i did actually quote that previously, And you wouldnt believe how cyber went hostile on me 😕

Ruszek83
Protege
I've ordered mine August 6th... When do you guys think i can expect mine ?
Upon ordering it said SEPTEMBER, but i doubt that...

Michael