cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

shRIFT
Honored Guest
Am I not understanding the whole shipping process properly?

Surely the status will only change to processing once the units have arrived at the respective distribution centres. Why would a shipping status change if they were still in China? Also, to quote the status text:

"Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped. This typically takes 2-4 business days."

It was only 2 days ago when the last batch of processing emails went out so we do still possibly have another 2 business days left for them to let us know that they have been shipped before there is any kind of official delay.

t3mr0i
Honored Guest
GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Order ID: HR-1097874

Date: Jun 27, 2014 08:15 AM PDT

So your orders will be sent to. CHECK YOUR MAILS!!!! :)) so happy

doomguy
Honored Guest
Just got the shipping notification!!!! "Your order #FK-******* has been shipped."
(1st July)

emc91
Honored Guest
Order #BT-0889XXX
Ordered: June 30th

It finally shipped, OMG I cannot wait until it gets here. 😄 Excuse me, I'll go sit by my door now. 😄

[EDIT] Forgot to add: UPS tracking says, I'll receive it next Friday (19th of September) 😞 Quite long considering it is being shipped from UK. 😞

Bubser2000
Honored Guest
same here ... 1st July ... Your Order #BT-0099*** has been shipped ... woohoo :mrgreen:

UPS Tracking ... Scheduled Delivery: Monday ... noooo :?

germany :roll:

shRIFT
Honored Guest
Mine too (29th June)

Looks like my theory was correct 😄

tekuni
Honored Guest
"shRIFT" wrote:
Mine too (29th June)

What was your theory ?

Edit : It's good, sorry.

shRIFT
Honored Guest
"tekuni" wrote:
"shRIFT" wrote:
Mine too (29th June)

What was your theory ?

4 posts down on this page. I was basically just saying that people shouldn't be worried about the units still being in China and that the status would only change to processing once the units have arrived at the distribution centres.

tekuni
Honored Guest
but this week, they made only 10 days ( 06/20 to 07/01). It's less than other bash.
Iphone 6 ? Lot of people bought Dk2 in the beginning of July ? ...I Hope my precious for the begining of october 🙂

Sorry for my poor english, I'm from france and we are not good with the Shakespear's language.

shRIFT
Honored Guest
Holy crap!
I just noticed that I should get it by the end of the day tomorrow 😄 😄