cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official DK2 Shipping Update (Aug 8th 2014)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone,

By the end of this week, we'll have shipped over 16,000 DK2s worldwide.

To those still waiting for your kits to arrive, thank you for your continued patience. We’re doing what we can to get your DK2 to you as quickly as possible.

To those who have already received their kits, we hope you’re enjoying experimenting, building, and creating new VR experiences. A special thank you for everyone’s help testing the latest SDK. We know it’s still rough around the edges, and we’re squashing bugs as quickly as we can. Watch for an update to the SDK in the near future.

Thanks again!

// cybereality
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
2,785 REPLIES 2,785

tmasVR
Honored Guest
@blanes well look at it this way. If they didnt spend time shipping to other parts of the world all the united states orders would have been filled weeks ago. Other countries should be lucky the shipping batches are split 50/50 and that the rift is even available to them.

I'm with DarkAkuma, it is frustrating to be so close and have the last few weeks of usa orders come to a stand still to take care of foreign region orders. They have literally only shipped 10 days worth (late june/early july) in the last 3 weeks. Now I'm definitely not getting my dk2 till october because oculus is so generous to rest of the world.

blanes
Rising Star
Oh :lol: you didn't realise Oculus is now an International company with a Business incorporated in Australia and elsewhere in the world ? 😮 Also you didn't get the memo but OVR committed to supply customers who pre-ordered on a first-come-first-served basis. 😉

Sorry little mate but the world has moved on and the U.S. is not the centre of the galaxy anymore, it's tough but someone had to break the news to you sooner or later. 😞

tmasVR
Honored Guest
"blanes" wrote:
Oh :lol: you didn't realise Oculus is now an International company with a Business incorporated in Australia and elsewhere in the world ? 😮 Also you didn't get the memo but OVR committed to supply customers who pre-ordered on a first-come-first-served basis. 😉

Sorry little mate but the world has moved on and the U.S. is not the centre of the galaxy anymore, it's tough but someone had to break the news to you sooner or later. 😞

"Oculus VR is an American virtual reality technology company founded by Palmer Luckey and Brendan Iribe."

Not saying rest of the world shouldnt be able to get one. Just saying it makes sense that american orders should have a higher priority. I wouldnt expect products founded in other countries to give priority to us.

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"tmasVR" wrote:
"blanes" wrote:

"Oculus VR is an American virtual reality technology company founded by Palmer Luckey and Brendan Iribe."

Not saying rest of the world shouldnt be able to get one. Just saying it makes sense that american orders should have a higher priority. I wouldnt expect products founded in other countries to give priority to us.

I'm sorry but no, it doesn't make any sense to do things the way you are suggesting, not for a business anyway. It doesn't matter where they are based when it comes to their distribution methods, I mean if you are going to pull that one then China should get their orders first because they were made in China (last time I checked, I may be mistaken but I know it wasn't in America that's for sure).

blanes
Rising Star
Wow ... the ignorance & arrogance of you guys is actually funny & sad at the same time ... it could be either stupidity or immaturity because I know for a fact that most Americans do not think the same as you two ... Thank God but anyway carry on in your little bubbles ... they WILL burst one day :lol:

ducatisto
Honored Guest
Please don't lump all Americans into the same category of those who posted above. It is a stereotype that Americans are selfish, self-centered, and arrogant. Obviously, these stereotypes exist for good reason.

We're not all like that.

You're all right though. Yes, it is an American business that operates internationally. Yes, they said they would fill orders on a first come first serve basis. Delays and waiting makes no one happy, the best we can do is be patient and wait. (technically, where ever you are at any given time, that is the center of the universe) I don't have the link, but there was a tool that demonstrated that. Pretty interesting.

Besides, as was said, those of us who ordered after June haven't really had to wait that long in comparison. Also, if we urgently needed our Rifts so bad, we probably would have pre-ordered sooner anyway. Why someone who waited 4 months after pre-orders started would complain this much about not having one yet is beyond me.

I ordered July 20th. I expected my Rift to ship around this time based on updates and progress over the last month. Clearly, there have been delays and now I will be happy to have it before October. But, that's life. Deal with it. In the grand scheme of things, a couple weeks is hardly worth raging about. It's tired... All that complaining, let it rest.

roshan
Honored Guest
Jul 3, 2014 12:16 PM PDT
Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below

Netherlands

monsterfurby
Honored Guest
"Simpanra" wrote:
I'm sorry but no, it doesn't make any sense to do things the way you are suggesting, not for a business anyway. It doesn't matter where they are based when it comes to their distribution methods, I mean if you are going to pull that one then China should get their orders first because they were made in China (last time I checked, I may be mistaken but I know it wasn't in America that's for sure).

That's almost certainly not how Chinese manufacturers operate. These manufacturers are often either located in a special economic zone or otherwise covered by legal red tape that does not allow them to just sell their product in the domestic market without essentially re-importing it. Chinese trade law is a very treacherous swamp for outsiders, not to mention that the Chinese customs authority is notoriously moody.

And this is just one example for why international deliveries are much more than "just ship everything in the sequence in which it was ordered" - if treating everyone the same means holding US deliveries and just not shipping anything out for a couple of weeks, that wouldn't be too fair either.

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"monsterfurby" wrote:
"Simpanra" wrote:

That's almost certainly not how Chinese manufacturers operate. These manufacturers are often either located in a special economic zone or otherwise covered by legal red tape that does not allow them to just sell their product in the domestic market without essentially re-importing it. Chinese trade law is a very treacherous swamp for outsiders, not to mention that the Chinese customs authority is notoriously moody.

And this is just one example for why international deliveries are much more than "just ship everything in the sequence in which it was ordered" - if treating everyone the same means holding US deliveries and just not shipping anything out for a couple of weeks, that wouldn't be too fair either.

I think a few people have misunderstood my post. I am against the American who said that they should get them first simply because the company is American. I likened his way of thinking to my example about giving them out in China first because they were made their. The illogicality of my post was the entire point, showing that it makes no sense to do things the way the American was suggesting. Sorry if that wasn't clear 🙂

blanes
Rising Star
@ducatisto ~ I certainly do not lump all Americans into the same category which is why I said "I know for a fact that most Americans do not think the same as you two..." and the analogy of being the centre of the galaxy, well I think you do understand what I meant and are just being funny 😄 ...of course existentially the physical universe is illusory in that empirically it is unproven being that the proof of any proof lies within us ourselves and the universe having no circumference also has no centre but that is perhaps totally off-topic 😉

@Simprana ~ Sorry man I too misinterpreted what thou doth spake ! :?

Anyway it all becomes cosmic space dust or galactic bullshit in the end and the point of my initial post was purely to give those guys a bit of perspective to temper their impatience over their "long wait" for a Dk2 8-) ... my dk2 has now been despatched for delivery Wednesday so the torture of four & half months of waiting is over, I can now clip my toenails, shave my palms & trim my man-hedge which have all gone unattended since end of April, before climbing into my purpose built VR pod for lift-off later in the week ! :shock: