cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay OVR, this is getting old

stealthguy
Honored Guest
I'm trying my best to be patient... I really am.

And even though AU/NZ are still behind compared to Japan, they are at least getting some kind of updates... 250 shipped to NZ, kinda shitty, but that's better than the 0 that it seems to be in Japan.

I read on reddit that people in Japan who ordered in March were one of the first people to get the OVR. I saw some Japanese developers using and displaying the DK2 on youtube.

Why did they stop... Why am I still waiting?
For all that's good in the world.... Why is it that shipments just... stopped?

Please give me an explanation... It's September 1st... I have a really bad feeling I STILL won't hear anything about my order this week...

I paid you, OVR, to produce and ship ME a Rift... Not someone else! My money was not a charity for someone else to get their rift first!

Maybe I shouldn't have paid via Paypal, I thought if I paid before time, there would be no major issues with credit card charges and hassles of the like, thus a relatively shipped on time rift. But okay, there were some issues, alright that's cool. I can wait a few weeks... It's been almost a month now. Your excuse? Some regions will get there's faster because there's a higher demand. That kinda pisses me off, but okay... I check back a week later...

EU/US/UK All have shipped DK2s No earlier than May 25th and as late as June 20th.
You are almost 2 months BEHIND on Japan.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2btr49/when_shipping_begin_outside_the_us_and_eu/
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bngs3/anyone_in_asia_singapore_japan_etc_received_a/
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2cubgy/any_new_processingshipping_in_the_asiaoceanic/
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2btz99/anyone_in_asia_received_a_tracking_number_or/

Last month, you shipped to EU/US/UK for order dates from March 20th all the way to Late May, early June.
Most of these [links] are processing for countries in Asia for march 19th-27th (from the beginning of the month). Why then am I still waiting? Why did you stop shipping to Asia?

I live in Japan,
Ordered 30th of April
Paid 425 USD
Pending (Awaiting inventory)
Expected Shipping date? August
Expected to receive... When everyone else get's theirs? So I have to wait for EU/US/UK to finish before you even think about shipping to Japan? Just going to sit on my money?

OVR Support Correspondence:
me:

Aug 21 08:16 AM
Hello,
I've noticed that May orders are already beginning to get processed.
I hate to point out, that you guys skipped me.
I ordered April 30th, and I'm still pending.
I paid over 400 dollars, so could you please look into why my order hasn't been processed yet?
Thank you and Best Regards

OVR:
Hi,
Be assured we have not skipped you!
I've reviewed your order and found nothing wrong, it's just awaiting inventory.
Unfortunately, we don’t have an exact ETA for when the next batch will be shipped to the Japan; however, I can tell you that we are working hard to ship out as many devices as quickly as possible.
Our system will email you a tracking number after the courier receives the package and you will be able to take the tracking number and find the delivery date on the courier's web site.
You can also check on your order anytime at:
http://www.oculus.com/sales
Hope this helps,

Me:
There is definitely an issue going on though... People in EU and UK/US are getting late May orders now...
Does this have to do with the issues in Korea? Australia? Where is my DC?
Thank you very much

OVR:
Hey,
I understand the wait is difficult.
Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information available regarding when each order will be shipped. Orders are shipped in batches to different and we do not know where an order is in the pre-order queue.
Sorry for the inconvenience

I do believe you are trying to ship out as many units as quickly as you can. But I don't believe you are sending any of them to Asia/Japan. If you have, there wouldn't be a whole month of no one posting on reddit or here.

I'm really not trying to be an ass to support... But this is getting old... And we need answers better than
Sorry for the inconvenience

Just remember that you are sitting on my money, telling me that.
61 REPLIES 61

AntDX316
Honored Guest
maybe if you lived in the United States you wouldn't have this problem or if you didn't decide so long since March to order too

Axulus
Honored Guest
"stealthguy" wrote:
"Axulus" wrote:
"blanes" wrote:
@Axulus ~ your comments are prime examples of the poorly thought out and ignorant responses that indicate your own inability to understand the true situation behind why this person is so upset ! :roll: Get a clue before responding :!:

I understand perfectly well why this person is upset - their order is delayed in comparison to other regions and they haven't received an adequate response on why and when the order will ship. This does NOT make it OK to start saying fuck this and fuck that and the company is just taking their money and fucking them over, this person is quite emotionally unstable and really should attend an anger management class. I've worked in the service industry for many years and have to deal with these self entitled selfish people who think they can scream at your face and make your day miserable because they were inconvenienced or didn't get what they want. People who deal with a problem maturely will get mature adults to address their concern. I can't believe you think it is OK to throw a tantrum and bash the people and the company when they don't do what you want. You are an enabler of such behavior.

I completely agree that Oculus' communication has been poor on this issue, by the way, and that they need to do a better job addressing it. They are only a two year old company and growing rapidly for Christ's sake - they aren't going to have their shit completely together in every aspect, and I would hope they are having meetings on how to improve communication and service going forward.

Hey buddy, you don't know anything about me. I'd rather you leave your ad hominem attacks in your brain capsule thanks.

P.S. I used to work customer support for many years, and dealt with many disgruntle customers. Sometimes you gotta let these guys rant off their rage. Btw, I have been as respectful to OVR support as the next guy. You just want to see me as a tempered little kid, because you have some kind of agenda (pedo maybe?). If you truly worked in service industry, you would know that it's better to take a different approach.

Sorry about the attacks, I just think when you started with the swearing and accusing Oculus of being xenophobic or racist and taking your money and trying to fuck you over that it got way over the top and got a rise out of me.

stealthguy
Honored Guest
"Axulus" wrote:
Sorry about the attacks, I just think when you started with the swearing and accusing Oculus of being xenophobic or racist and taking your money and trying to fuck you over that it got way over the top and got a rise out of me.

It's okay dude, I'm just getting worked up over the issue. This being such a revolutionary product, we all want to be apart of it as soon as possible.

To be fair though, I never called OVR Xenophobic or racist. There was one guy that I called out on for being Xenophobic, but not an OVR rep.

I don't honestly believe Oculus is trying to fuck me over with my money, but they sure don't have their priorities straight. Units are made in China (maybe not all, but definitely a lot), I could fly over there, go to the factory, get a rift [cough] wrestle down a worker[/cough], and get back home all in one day.

BundyRuss
Honored Guest
I'm getting a bit tired of all those that jump down the neck of anyone posting asking for information on their order.

I ordered 24th of march and my rift would have been delivered yesterday if I was home. (Australian order)

I posted after information after 5 months of waiting and I can not see why others should not be able too as well.

Having said that Cyber has been more active in the forum with replys to these threads in the last few days giving what info he (or she, never been sure about that) can or at least saying that there are some legit concerns and looking into it.

This is a good thing.

I know this post is a bit 5 bob each way but at least let the people ask. I might be a bit annoyed if it was all about an order placed yesterday but it's not.
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?

kojack
MVP
MVP
"stealthguy" wrote:
To be fair though, I never called OVR Xenophobic or racist.

Well...
"stealthguy" wrote:
This is a large time difference for the excuse to be "different regions will get distributed differently", unless logistics at OVR are xenophobic or racist against Asian countries.

maybe not accusing them, but you are the one that brought it up.

"stealthguy" wrote:
Hey buddy, you don't know anything about me. I'd rather you leave your ad hominem attacks in your brain capsule thanks.

P.S. I used to work customer support for many years, and dealt with many disgruntle customers. Sometimes you gotta let these guys rant off their rage. Btw, I have been as respectful to OVR support as the next guy. You just want to see me as a tempered little kid, because you have some kind of agenda (pedo maybe?). If you truly worked in service industry, you would know that it's better to take a different approach.

Within a single post you complain about ad hominem against you then go on to suggest someone is a pedophile for disagreeing with you?
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

stealthguy
Honored Guest
"kojack" wrote:
"stealthguy" wrote:
To be fair though, I never called OVR Xenophobic or racist.

Well...
"stealthguy" wrote:
This is a large time difference for the excuse to be "different regions will get distributed differently", unless logistics at OVR are xenophobic or racist against Asian countries.

maybe not accusing them, but you are the one that brought it up.

"stealthguy" wrote:

Within a single post you complain about ad hominem against you then go on to suggest someone is a pedophile for disagreeing with you?

Ad hominem fallacy: Abusive ad hominem usually involves attacking the traits of an opponent as a means to invalidate their arguments. Equating someone's character with the soundness of their argument is a logical fallacy.

I was asserting he was acting a certain way, or taking up bad position, NOT an attack on his character. I never asserted anything about him/her's character or person.

Edit: I have a brain capsule as well, it's called a skull. I was telling him/her to keep those attacks to him/herself. I'm sorry if a figure of speech was hard to recognise. I should have been more clear.

kojack
MVP
MVP
:roll:
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

blanes
Rising Star
Meanwhile back in the good 'ol U S of A ....

Hey Cletus that Ock-Yer-Ass thingy-ma-jig ya ordered couple weeks back just got dropped off !

Thanks Gramps ... took a whole damn month ta get 'ere ! 😮 It's a God damned American invention but ya 'all would'a thought it was made at the other side of the world in China or somethin' ! :shock:

ps. I'm not xenophobic to Yanks :lol: 8-) :mrgreen: :ugeek:

WirlWind
Honored Guest
"kojack" wrote:
:roll:

I concur!

Axulus
Honored Guest
"stealthguy" wrote:
"Axulus" wrote:

It's okay dude, I'm just getting worked up over the issue. This being such a revolutionary product, we all want to be apart of it as soon as possible.

To be fair though, I never called OVR Xenophobic or racist. There was one guy that I called out on for being Xenophobic, but not an OVR rep.

I don't honestly believe Oculus is trying to fuck me over with my money, but they sure don't have their priorities straight. Units are made in China (maybe not all, but definitely a lot), I could fly over there, go to the factory, get a rift [cough] wrestle down a worker[/cough], and get back home all in one day.

After rereading that part, you are right, you didn't accuse Oculus of those things. Sorry about that.

I certainly agree with you though that they really need to work on their logistics problems and implement better communication with those whose orders are quite a bit behind the rest of the world.

What is so difficult about having a weekly region update, such as the following:

Japan: Problem X was encountered and we are working to resolve the issue. No estimate on how long it will take to resolve the issue, but we are devoting resources to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We'll let you know if we have anything further to report next week. Once the issue is resolved, we will devote additional units/batches to Japan to more quickly catch up with other regions.

or

Japan: to save on shipping costs, we ship out batches to each region in amounts between X and Y. We have an upcoming batch of around X units going to Japan in about a week, which will cover orders through the end of June. The minimum batch size covered several months of orders for Japan, so we didn't want Japan to get too far ahead of the rest of the world. As a result, we waited for the rest of the world to get to early June before devoting a full batch to Japan. We apologize for those who ordered in March or April who have not yet received their orders. We are doing our best to balance out shipping timelines vs. cost savings and, as a result, some areas will be further behind than others. We welcome suggestions on how we can improve this process while keeping in mind our desire to minimize costs in order to sell the Rift to you as cheaply as possible.

Etc.