cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old quest 2 299

OGBoston_jp
Level 2

Is it just me or is there others feel ripped off . I bought the quest 2 and paid the $299. For it and I got the small storage one and a face rash . Been 3 weeks still waiting for replacement. Now for 299 you get the better storage and face cushion .  Should we be upgraded to ? I've only had mine 2 months before they improved it with more storage for same price. My guess hey you bought it **bleep** outta luck like all big companys treats customer after they get your cash.

4 REPLIES 4

Pixie40
Level 10

I'm not feeling ripped off. Then again, I went with the model that had more storage to begin with. I also got a replacement interface at the same time, because I remembered how unhygienic (and uncomfortable after a few sessions) the stock interface was on the quest 1.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

dburne
Level 15

It's just progress and was bound to happen eventually. No need to feels slighted.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

ohgrant
Level 9

Don't feel ripped off here and also got the 64GB version. I figure that's the price of being an early adopter. Keep in mind the original Quest was only out for a little over a year before they announced the Quest 2.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.  

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I've generally bought tech stuff at launch and watch as others get the reductions as time goes by, sometimes not long after I've spent my money and I don't feel bad at all. I feel happy for the people who get good deals.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)