cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One problem remains for a perfect Skyrim experience. Help!

Herolord
Level 4
K guys, as per my other thread, I figured out how to get rid of all my notion sickness, and I have all the settings right in tridef for Skyrim. The depth of 3D is perfect, the scale of everything is perfect etc, but on,y one critical issue remains. I can't get 60 frames per second. The game stays around 45 fps and there is a huge difference between 45 and 60, especially as far as VR goes. The puzzling part is that I have a beast of a machine. I have an 8350 8-core CPU at 4.0, and I am running 7970 crossfired in windows 8.1. What do I need to do to get 60hz? Has anyone here managed to get 60 hz constant in Skyrim?
3 REPLIES 3

cegli
Level 2
The first thing I would try is disabling one of your graphics cards. Crossfire is messed up on all the AMD cards before the R290x, and doesn't really speed up your games. FRAPS/benchmarks will report a much higher frame-rate than you're actually seeing. In reality, your monitor is actually getting a lot of micro-stutter and runt frames. They expect to have a frame-pacing fix for this in late January, but for now, crossfire is kind of useless.

Try that and see what you get. I have a 7970, and tried out Skyrim briefly with Vireio 2.0.0.1. I couldn't get it quite working right, but the frame rate seemed pretty high at 1920x1080 w/ 8xAA and 16xAF, so it seems a single 7970 should easily handle it if properly configured!

Herolord
Level 4
"cegli" wrote:
The first thing I would try is disabling one of your graphics cards. Crossfire is messed up on all the AMD cards before the R290x, and doesn't really speed up your games. FRAPS/benchmarks will report a much higher frame-rate than you're actually seeing. In reality, your monitor is actually getting a lot of micro-stutter and runt frames. They expect to have a frame-pacing fix for this in late January, but for now, crossfire is kind of useless.

Try that and see what you get. I have a 7970, and tried out Skyrim briefly with Vireio 2.0.0.1. I couldn't get it quite working right, but the frame rate seemed pretty high at 1920x1080 w/ 8xAA and 16xAF, so it seems a single 7970 should easily handle it if properly configured!

K, I'll try that. Thanks.

cegli
Level 2
You may also find the decreased latency will lower the amount of motion sickness you get as well!