cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

benplace
Rising Star
Palmer said the first batch of pre orders would probably go out tomorrow.

maxpare79
Trustee

benplace said:

Probably...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Anonymous
Not applicable

benplace said:

But what does "first batch" mean? That's the question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
First batch of second wave of kickstarters.  😛

But for reals he did say pre-orders, let's hope it's a massive chunk.

benplace
Rising Star
I don't think they want to over promise things and then back track like they have had to do before.

Zuh
Adventurer

benplace said:

I don't think they want to over promise things and then back track like they have had to do before.

Yeah but lack of informations is other bad extremum. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

benplace said:

I get that, but I think it's equally as irresponsible to be so silent about things. Also, over-promising at this point seems pretty hard to do... They should know which orders they're sending out by now and if not they need to communicate what has gone wrong. We're beyond the point of making promises, now it should just be status reporting.

Yes, I know, I'm very impatient. It could be a couple days away or it could be months. I'm just looking for some peace of mind after the odd message about pre-orders shipping later.

fwy5505925
Honored Guest
613000025XXXXX here and I didn't even receive the 1-3 week email. What am I supposed to do?

Lionreza
Explorer

613000025XXXXX here and I didn't even receive the 1-3 week email. What am I supposed to do?

wait my child for it is all you can do..