cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tankshell said:

Focux said:

Zuhook said:

May be problem with the pricing since they didn't charge anyone yet.  

Yup, pre-orders gotta make up for the lost revenue giving away free rifts to the backers. Certainly explains the price hike. 😛

I kid of course, it's awesome that they're giving back to the original supporters.

Have they actually given away any free rifts to backers yet? Seems like ZERO Kickstarter backers in Europe/Australia/Rest of world have even had a shipping email yet, let alone received a Rift!

Just a few lucky gits in the US so far 🙂

I assumed the people who are posting about setting up rifts are the backers who got theirs first since they were already shipped. My friend at work who was a backer got his today.

@sambeckett

Did you order a rift or are you expecting it as a kickstarter backer?

ECastro
Protege
I ordered as soon as it went live, order number 613000033XXXXX and I haven't received any email regarding shipping either. Hopefully tomorrow brings better news!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still, would be nice if they could give any info on shipping, even just so much as saying orders 24xxxxx through 25xxxxxx will be shipping. Or even less, just any info would be nice instead of waiting in the dark on a $700+ order.

Hanover
Rising Star
It could be that they're over-nighting them.  They might have to book something like that on a specific day if it's a lot of shipments.

Mike1
Protege
I think its odd, but I wondering if they will hammer our 1000+ shipments all in one go. I dont understand how and why that would  happen. But speculation for processing and shipping for preorderers tomorrow...

comixcroz
Expert Protege
Maybe they are planning an April Fools Joke of some kind...

ZachSny
Expert Protege
26XXXXX and only received the 1-3 weeks email. Should hopefully see something tomorrow, but even with all of this excitement I can say I'm pretty patient for the release of CV1. At least more that I thought I would be..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a feeling that many orders with the April estimate will be in mid to late May at this point. Quite a few kickstarter backers haven't recieved their Rifts, so I doubt many April estimates will actually be in April. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobbs66 said:

I have a feeling that many orders with the April estimate will be in mid to late May at this point. Quite a few kickstarter backers haven't recieved their Rifts, so I doubt many April estimates will actually be in April. 

Well what I've noticed is that a lot of the backers getting the rift already have been in the US. I haven't actually heard about anybody outside the US receiving their rifts. From a greedy statement I hope the US preorders don't wait for a worldwide backer fulfillment before shipping. Haha

That said, hope they get their shipping stuff sorted out or at least let us know what's going on. This is not safe for my health...

MVIVID
Protege
Here's my status just to add to the mix.. I'm also part of the initial 613000025XXXXX group, order was processed and completed 7 min after pre-orders began. Since my Jan 6th pre-order confirmation email, I've received an email on March 24th with a subject title of "Your Rift is Shipping Soon!" saying basically, Hi XYZ, your Rift is almost ready to ship, your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks, .."for some customers actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering".. (direct quote) with a checklist of "make sure's". Things like check to make sure you have the correct billing info, payment info, that your PC is Rift ready, HDMI port ready, etc.. After that March 24th email I haven't heard anything since. No emails about transactions or tracking numbers. Nothing. I'm hopeful, which I know is pointless, but if it says they're starting mid-week this week, which in my mind means Wednesday, like tomorrow Wednesday.. then we should start seeing progress tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I hope everyone who's been reading this thread, especially those at the front of the line, would come back here the minute they get any sort of updates. Please and thanks!