cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Dreamwriter
Rising Star

Sarlin said:

Spam e-mails that are sent to everyone who checked on the "Send me marketing Stuff." Does not constitute communication.

I didn't check that, they sent that to me and my friends who also didn't check any marketing/newsletter box, I assume because we gave them our email addresses during the order process, and they were sending an email update. Sending an email update to all orders explaining the shipping does indeed constitute communication. If you didn't receive it, maybe check your spam folder, or check to make sure you gave them a valid email address when you ordered.

LodisKnight
Explorer
Checkout:  Guest
1-3 week e-mail: None
Pre-order confirmed: 8 minutes (confirmed with Unix timestamp)
Order number:  613000023XXXXX

Dangerous2women
Expert Protege
I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??

fwy5505925
Honored Guest
Checkout:  Registed Account
1-3 week e-mail: Nope
Pre-order confirmed: within 8 minutes (confirmed with Unix timestamp)
Order number:  613000025XXXXX

comixcroz
Expert Protege

ZachSny said:

Has anyone seen this yet? Someone is selling a signed Kickstarter Rift. Don't know how real it is -probably fake- but mostly really sad.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Autographed-Box-Kickstarter-/291723696989?nav=SEARCH

Looks legit to me.  Those sigs aren't really adding much value imo.  I never considered the fact that many of the Kickstarters may not even have a PC to be able to run the dang thing.  (he mentions this in the listing).  

Pilatos
Honored Guest
Soooo according to the reddit instructions I pre ordered at 06.01.2016 - 16:07:3x (UTC) and the last one seen on reddit to atleast get the 1-3 weeks mail is from is 16:07:12, so I was a bit too late ...
My Order is 264XXXXX
But any "official" information would have been nice.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cl56j/order_shipments_are_about_order_time_not_order/ 

JettStiles
Adventurer

I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??

Only way to do that is by opening a support ticket afaik.

But tbh lets calm a bit - maybe it gets delayed a little; yes, it may or may not piss some people off but in the end it will all be worth it.

And I don't know how you feel: On my DK2 the SDE was the biggest annoyance for me -- and apparently the Rift beats the VIVE when it comes to that particular point.
Yes, I do care about FOV, i do care about games and I do want a motion controller -- but for me the deciding factor were the lenses.

So yeah...go ahead and cancel (Hey Oculus...I just moved up one spot) 😉

Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor

Dangerous2women
Expert Protege
Sure you can move up. Without being funny on my part that is. Mind telling me how to open a support ticket??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only way to do that is by opening a support ticket afaik.

But tbh lets calm a bit - maybe it gets delayed a little; yes, it may or may not piss some people off but in the end it will all be worth it.

And I don't know how you feel: On my DK2 the SDE was the biggest annoyance for me -- and apparently the Rift beats the VIVE when it comes to that particular point.
Yes, I do care about FOV, i do care about games and I do want a motion controller -- but for me the deciding factor were the lenses.

So yeah...go ahead and cancel (Hey Oculus...I just moved up one spot) 😉

its not just the lenses, the screen quality is superior to the vive too

maxpare79
Trustee
My theory is they sent the first 1-3 weeks email last Thursday telling to have money ready in 1 to 3 weeks. Which mean Thursday, whatever Palmer said... Just from that email they can't start charging before tomorrow...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner