cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC VR performance Test: VR Mark orange room

Ulisse76
Protege
Hello everybody.
I'd like to post here the PC configuration and the results obtained with VR Mark orange room.
It would like to compare the score of a particular pc configuration in VR Mark Orange room, and if you are encountering issues with some viedogames titles (lone echo, ....)

VR mark download link: https://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/vrmark

The following is my PC configuration:
STORAGE: RAID 0 2xSSD 850 samsung
CPU: i7 3770k
RAM: 8GB pc1600
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
MOBO: ASROCK H77 pro4-m

VR Mark orange room score: 168 fps

I am still using the HTC Vive, still waiting for the Oculus to be shipped.
No issues with the Vive Videogames I have in my steam library and which are also usable with Oculus:
- Unhearting mars
- Medusa's labyrint
- Eve valkyrie

21 REPLIES 21

Ulisse76
Protege
Update. I received the rift. Excellent machine.
Lucky's tale generated an error saying that the gpu has not enough memory (sigh!)
Robo recall was always crashing while loading mission 1-2.
Both issues resolved with a higher amount of virtual memory in windows.
Now the games are running perfectly.

The issue was not the gpu. I will by 16 GB of ram.

Richooal
Consultant
I use 8GB of ram and a GTX 1060 6GB.
So far no problems with either Robo Recall or Lucky's Tale.
8GB or more is the Oculus recommended ram.

EDIT: It would be interesting to see the VR Mark orange room result with the RIFT on your current hardware. (before you add ram)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Ulisse76
Protege
I will try that.
@Richooal considering we both have a gtx 1060 6gb, could you please tell me your PC configuration?
Thanks

shiari
Heroic Explorer
Adding more RAM will not increase your performance, it can only prevent performance degradation which will happen once you run out of memory (something quite likely to happen with only 8GB of memory).

Richooal
Consultant

Ulisse76 said:

I will try that.
@Richooal considering we both have a gtx 1060 6gb, could you please tell me your PC configuration?
Thanks

Sure....
WIN 10
i5 6600k
GTX 1060 6GB
8GB Ram

VR Mark orange room
Result
Score 7241
Avg Frame Rate 157.85

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Specs:
CPU: R5 1600x
GPU: GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667MHz

VR Mark Orange Room:
Score: 9576
AVG FPS: 208.76

Edit: Forgot gaming results.

Overall I haven't had any serious issues in VR. I've played Robo Recall, Dead and Buried, Lucky's Tale, Elite Dangerous, Dead Effect 2 VR, War Robots, Overkill VR, Onward, The Ranger, Asseto Corsa, Redout, IL2: Battle of Stalingrad, Digital Combat Simulator, War Thunder and Overload.

DCS and IL2:BoS do have some performance issues (play at 45 fps instead of 90 most of the time) but that's mostly an issue with the way they are coded rather than any shortcomings with the hardware. Other than those two, everything is played at max or near max detail with pixel density around 1.5-1.7, depending on the game.

H4TE
Expert Protege
CPU: I7 6850k
RAM: 32 GB 3200
GPU: 2x 1080 Ti
MOBO: X99A MSI XPower Gaming Titanium 

Score: 12.436

FPS: 271.10

So far i havent encountered any problems except running out of VRAM if going overboard with resolution scaling. 😛

Ulisse76
Protege

shiari said:

Adding more RAM will not increase your performance, it can only prevent performance degradation which will happen once you run out of memory (something quite likely to happen with only 8GB of memory).

Yes I think so too. the system for whatever reason runs out of ram and this explain why with the virtual memory it works fine. Fortunately I have a fast raid configuration that allows the system to work properly...

But it is interesting to notice that I have a vrmark higher than @Richooal and he is not having issues. This is just why I wanted to create this discussion.
Thank you all, I will let you know what happens with 16gb. Installation next week..

sbowloc
Explorer
I have a Asus GL702VM which shipped with the i5-6300HQ, Nvidia GTX1060 (6GB) and 8GB of ram and the first thing I noticed when using Google Earth VR was that I was running out of ram at various points in the app.
I also increased the virtual ram which helped but eventually added another 8GB stick, bought from ebay for £22 (used), and found this has solved all my problems.  I think 8GB really is the bare minimum.
I have no issues at all with any games now and am impressed with the rift and the range of apps and games available.  My only bugbear so far is that Nvidia geforce won't let me download any VR games from them as my system doesn't meet their minimum requirements...
I will run VR Mark Orange room over the next couple of days and post the results here.