cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC doesn't see my Quest, (But it does charge it) (RESOLVED)

Grim2025
Explorer

FINAL EDIT: Faulty unit, Had to send it back with a lengthy process and being passed around through oculus support for over a week but I finally got it replaced and now that my headset works fine... my controllers aren't housing my battery well enough to stay connected... so... i suppose i just got bad luck... headset issue is fixed though.

Things I've tried:

• Cables, Loads of cables (including the one from the box.) Edit: Ordered the recommended cable from Oculus/Facebook and should be arriving today. Will update.

• Different ports, including the Type C port on my computer that works with thunderbolt and connecting my phone too.

• Factory resetting my Quest. Edit: x5 times

• Whether Dev. mode is off on on. (I've tried both.)

• Different Machines all together, I've tried it with laptops and desktops alike.

• Quest / PC Updated to latest versions

• Scanned for hardware changes in device manager. Edit: Removed the drivers for anything VR/Oculus related to attempt another connection.

• Installed Samsung ADB Drivers instead of Oculus ADB

• System restore the computer in attempts to clear any registry selections that may have stuck. 

All cables I've tried have worked with other devices. I've been able to charge my phone or transfer data between it and the PC (tested with each port/PC) All that comes up is when I connect it to the Typc-C connector I get a USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) But nothing is visible under "This PC" Oculus app doesn't recognize that its connected either.

Quest is charging while plugged in but never notified by PC or the quest that its been connected. However I believe it had asked me at one point the FIRST time I plugged it in and now it no longer does.

I'm Simply wanting to connect it to the Oculus App.

If by chance I hit always allow connection to computer would that effect it at all? And if so is there a way to reset which devices I've granted this access to?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Edit: I've tried a variation of Laptops and Destkops, Desktops seem to recognize the quest but when I plug it in it states that the device is unrecognized.  Laptops so far do NOT recognize it what so ever. However both devices provide fast charging to the Quest. Despite using the Oculus Go 2.0 ADB drivers on all devices. Haven't heard from oculus support yet its only day 1 of waiting. 

Edit2: I may have been prompted once in the beginning, Before I read anything on the site. I clicked allow and checked the box to never ask again. Factory resets do not fix this. It also seems to be stuck in developer mode despite shutting it off through the app. 

I've contacted support It seems that nobody has experienced this and is a freak accident? The Quest still works but i'd like to be able to use link... 

7 REPLIES 7

HitsDiogo
Honored Guest
I have a similar problem, the oculus worked normally and suddenly the cable stops connecting with the oculus application and the PC. So far I have not found any way to solve this problem, as you said it loads but is not detected in Windows or in the application.

Grim2025
Explorer

HitsDiogo said:

I have a similar problem, the oculus worked normally and suddenly the cable stops connecting with the oculus application and the PC. So far I have not found any way to solve this problem, as you said it loads but is not detected in Windows or in the application.

I need to edit my response. I ended up having to send it back to Oculus, it was a faulty device and they replaced my unit with the same gigabyte storage except they threw in the full series of vader immortal. which was cool but not really worth having to wait for it to ship and return imo. Just saying.

HitsDiogo
Honored Guest
Thanks for your reply, I will also return it since I am tired of sending tickets every two days to give me software methods inside the application when the problem is the oculus itself

xKILLERHUNTERx
Honored Guest

the same thing is happening to me 

andersn2
Honored Guest
So I am not alone with that problem, is it the cable or the headset?

bonpilot
Explorer
sent one back, got another both worked wonderful for a day then nothing just black dont need it for games just msfs 2020 flight sim cable says connected but when i hit enable button black screen  i know oculus cable ok because worked fine on both 

KageOst
Explorer

D*mn, I'm late to this. Experiencing the same problem, and it did work before, but the past few tries for the last week have been futile. It'd really suck to send back the device as I actually use it daily now.