cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAYING DREAD HALLS ON OCULUS RIFT AND A HOVERBOARD GOES WRONG!

HDTanel
Honored Guest
So I had the chance to borrow a Oculus Rift with a powerful laptop.. wich I almost destroyed.. but atleast I got this video to show for it 😛
No but all things but to the side.. this was bloody fantastic!! I need to get my own Rift and a proper laptop to try out more games like this!!! Maybe on a better surface too lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjbq1lLW7g
13 REPLIES 13

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Next time pack the padding in the back pack. Nice idea man.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

HDTanel
Honored Guest

Next time pack the padding in the back pack. Nice idea man.

I need to cushon it better.. maybe make some breathing holes for the laptop cooling too. Thanks!

LZoltowski
Champion
How the heck did the tracking work? Internal Gyro?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

benplace
Rising Star

It didn't...  You can play with the Rift with no camera, you just lose geometric tracking, it acts like a gear VR.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Your first mistake was wearing white shorts while playing Dreadhalls!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

HDTanel
Honored Guest
I am going off to film more footage without the hoverboard.. but this time I have the whole parking lot where to walk around 😄 and I found a way to capture gameplay footage too. Hopefully I won´t crash this time.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Hmmm, There are wireless USB adapters around,  not common though and googling brings up approx 1.3 billion hits for wifi network adapters...

Here, this might work?

http://www.flexihub.com/usb-over-wifi.html

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Love the vid! Moreso because it shows the future of mankind... walking around with backpacks and VR headsets.

LZoltowski
Champion

TwoHedWlf said:

Hmmm, There are wireless USB adapters around,  not common though and googling brings up approx 1.3 billion hits for wifi network adapters...

Here, this might work?

http://www.flexihub.com/usb-over-wifi.html

I meant the tracking camera was in the backpack as you can see from the vid, I was wondering how the tracking worked, didnt realise it want into Gear VR mode when no tracking data is sent from the constelation system

As in i was wondering how the tracking worked when the IR camera picked up tracking information when the headset was clearly not in the line of sight of HMD constelation LED's
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂