cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palmer is getting roasted on Twitter

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
If you are looking for some good entertainment, have a look here, it's hilarious. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4gfpjk/palmer_luckey_on_twitter_i_prefer_production_that/d2...
95 REPLIES 95

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
Dunno, I wouldn't call that a roast as much as people on both sides flaming each other and Palmer sitting in the middle going "well crap" playing damage control when he probably should of stayed out of it since almost everyone is dead-wrong or misinformed on both sides. 😕

Looks like he explained himself pretty well. The first post looked good at first sight but was well edited and partly un-contextual. I'm the last person to say Oculus are perfect, especially where communication and PR is concerned but I give Palmer a degree of respect there.

obzen
Expert Protege
You like watching trainwrecks, don't you. Social media at it's finest. The human centipede of news. Where are you in there exactly?

Don't know why Luckey keeps doing this to himself. Picking fights with Internet trolls isn't doing anyone any good.
DK1 FREAK...

Blyss4226
Rising Star
I agree he handled it pretty well. He gets so much sh*t slung at him, and a lot is undeserved.

Oculus != Palmer Luckey

But Palmer has to answer for everything the former does, may have done, and that some conspiracy theorists think they may have done. He is the face of the company and he gets it all. If Oculus farts in the wrong direction, Luckey will wind up with the blame.

So while I'm not gonna say he's perfect and has never made a mistake, I am saying(and have been saying) that so much of it is undeserved and even unrealistic. I particularly like the people that think he did it to scam them. Do you honestly think you are important enough for Palmer Luckey to take time out of his life to scam you? No, you're not.

I apologize for the harsh tone of this post, but everything's gotten out of control on BOTH sides. It's a shame that Oculus and their customers can't just be like "You know what? We've both behaved badly. We've both made mistakes. But let's put that behind us and try to make something amazing happen."

And make no mistake, I do think Oculus has handled stuff poorly too. I think both sides have, and I think it's very in danger of spiraling out of control. That will damage VR as a whole, and that makes me quite unhappy.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

obzen said:

You like watching trainwrecks, don't you. Social media at it's finest. The human centipede of news. Where are you in there exactly?

Don't know why Luckey keeps doing this to himself. Picking fights with Internet trolls isn't doing anyone any good.

I don't write on Reddit, but I do enjoy a fun thread like that.
And yes, I agree Palmer should go off the Internet.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

Blyss4226 said:

I agree he handled it pretty well. He gets so much sh*t slung at him, and a lot is undeserved.

Oculus != Palmer Luckey

But Palmer has to answer for everything the former does, may have done, and that some conspiracy theorists think they may have done. He is the face of the company and he gets it all. If Oculus farts in the wrong direction, Luckey will wind up with the blame.

So while I'm not gonna say he's perfect and has never made a mistake, I am saying(and have been saying) that so much of it is undeserved and even unrealistic. I particularly like the people that think he did it to scam them. Do you honestly think you are important enough for Palmer Luckey to take time out of his life to scam you? No, you're not.

I apologize for the harsh tone of this post, but everything's gotten out of control on BOTH sides. It's a shame that Oculus and their customers can't just be like "You know what? We've both behaved badly. We've both made mistakes. But let's put that behind us and try to make something amazing happen."

And make no mistake, I do think Oculus has handled stuff poorly too. I think both sides have, and I think it's very in danger of spiraling out of control. That will damage VR as a whole, and that makes me quite unhappy.

Have you heard of the words "The customer is always right"? So until every single pre-order will be fulfilled, this shit is not going to end.

Dunno, I wouldn't call that a roast as much as people on both sides flaming each other and Palmer sitting in the middle going "well crap" playing damage control when he probably should of stayed out of it since almost everyone is dead-wrong or misinformed on both sides. 😕

I think you're probably bang on there.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Blyss4226
Rising Star
@RikkTheGaijin But see, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about expressing your frustration. For a perfect example of the right way, see this post:

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/372351/#Comment_372351

For a perfect example of the wrong way... well just look all over reddit. Spewing toxic venom around all over the net does not get problems solved. It only creates hate and unrest. If you wanna express your feelings by all means do. But do it in a reasonable way.

Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
As I said many many times, the only people telling others to chill out and be patient, not spit venom, be polite and reasonable, bla, bla, are the ones that ALREADY GOT their Rift, like you did.
Let's make a deal, send me your Rift, and I will disappear from here.