cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palmer, you snub 80% of you fanbase...

CRONOS1977
Honored Guest
..."no" one want a highdef audio headset for >600$ - >750€.
Some people order, but 80% are angry.

:shock: 😮 😞
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
People have to remember that VR is going be expensive due to the massive amounts of R&D that was put into the device. The hardware itself is probably costing $300-$400, but you also have to factor in R&D, software, and the cost of paying employees a decent salary. First generation hardware isn't meant for the masses. There's a hierarchy any new product follows. At first it'll only penetrate a small percentage of the market, but will later trickle down into the homes of your average consumer. I understand that not all people can justify spending $650+ on a new device, but they have to understand that the Rift likely wasn't targeted at them.

Emvy-
Honored Guest
"Nobbs66" wrote:
People have to remember that VR is going be expensive due to the massive amounts of R&D that was put into the device. The hardware itself is probably costing $300-$400, but you also have to factor in R&D, software, and the cost of paying employees a decent salary. First generation hardware isn't meant for the masses. There's a hierarchy any new product follows. At first it'll only penetrate a small percentage of the market, but will later trickle down into the homes of your average consumer. I understand that not all people can justify spending $650+ on a new device, but they have to understand that the Rift likely wasn't targeted at them.

everything you just wrote here goes against what oculus stands for and what mr lucky promised.

however you are probably 100% correct. we got screwed -_-

Frenzy-kun
Honored Guest
"Nobbs66" wrote:

No one is saying that they have to lose monet for it. But when you are forced to buy extra stuff that increases the price, then we are talking about a different situation.

Was it so hard to have two packages? One with the oculus rift and the camera and another "starter pack" with everything you need. But I suppose the deal with microsoft is more important than reaching your customers.

CRONOS1977
Honored Guest
I have no problem with the price.
I have a problem with the hopes were made ​​in recent years.
200-400$ ?!

You cant design a car without price direction!

They promised a favorable car, and of course you can think a porsche is a favorable car.

willste
Explorer
The price should have come out ahead of the preorder option.

Ochiniwa
Explorer
Can someone explain me how 599 USD make 699 EUR?

With the current exchange rate 599 USD make 550 EUR and if you add VAT you are still only at about 650?

DO not tell me the rest is delivery costs as I pay additional 42 EUR for delivery.

Oh an by the way, the site says the price 69900 EUR! Someone the programmers of this web-site no nothing about digits.

So basically I will pay 74100 EUR 😄

Bergen
Explorer
"Nobbs66" wrote:
First generation hardware isn't meant for the masses. There's a hierarchy any new product follows. At first it'll only penetrate a small percentage of the market, but will later trickle down into the homes of your average consumer.
Sure, but CV1 is not first generation hardware. DK1 was first generation. CV1 is third generation and should be (and hopefully is) meant and ready for the masses.

museumsteve
Protege
"Nobbs66" wrote:
First generation hardware isn't meant for the masses. There's a hierarchy any new product follows. At first it'll only penetrate a small percentage of the market, but will later trickle down into the homes of your average consumer. I understand that not all people can justify spending $650+ on a new device, but they have to understand that the Rift likely wasn't targeted at them.

I agree 100%

CountBorgula
Protege
The anger comes from this sort of article that came out after the FB buyout. Heaven knows what the price would have been had FB not bought Oculus!

http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-founder- ... ulus-rift/