cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing games in vr

ShiningSoul
Level 2
so I just got my oculus and I've heard of vorpx and on other one that I downloaded but I forget the name but I was wondering what I should use to play games like skyrim and nier. 
Also is there anyway to make the Xbox streaming fully vr instead of "theatre" mode.(I already have virtual desktop for oculus if that helps whatsoever. Several people told me to get it.)
5 REPLIES 5

Paddy234
Level 4
I would also like to hear users opinion on Vorpx, i've heard that it isn't as immersive as true VR games though so i wonder if it kind of ruins the experience 

JohnnyDioxin
Level 11
Of course it won't be as immersive as made for VR games - how could it be?

At the end of the day - as you would know if you had done some research on the 'net or right here on the Oculus forum, opinions tend to be polarised one way or the other. I've owned it since before my Rift arrived last June.

IMO it wasn't that brilliant then, with Cv1. It's better now, since the last update.

Otherwise, I suggest you look around and read about it and watch some vids (I posted a playlist in this forum not so long back, so they are not hard to find, with just a little effort).

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Murpheus77
Level 4

Paddy234 said:

I would also like to hear users opinion on Vorpx, i've heard that it isn't as immersive as true VR games though so i wonder if it kind of ruins the experience 

Consider that not every true VR game is immersive, nor does every game modded for VR lack immersion, and I think we can both see the folly of such hearsay. It seems this cliché of 3D injection inferiority validates itself purely on account of the number of people parroting it as fact.

It is a fact many people give up with 3D injection drivers, but conversely there are those of us who wouldn't game much at all without them, yours truly included.

edmg
Level 10
VorpX isn't as convincing as a real VR game, bu tit's a lot more VR than a 2D game. I've spent hundreds of hours in Skyrim in VR using VorpX.

Note that VorpX can take some getting used to, due to the keyboard/controller motion and lower-than-normal frame rates. I can play Skyrim for hours at a time now, but some other games do make me a bit queasy.

Greyman
Level 9
I've spent a fair few hours playing Arma 3, via the Rift/VorpX and it was pretty immersive for me.  Not done it for a while though, as i've been lured back into the flight sim cockpit and with the help of very innovative software, like FlyInside, they have become very attractive for wannabe pilots like myself.