cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Stop Forced Updates

Wuestefeld
Protege
This Forced updates are realy annoying. I have a setup that works and then Iam forced to change something.
I want to decide myself, when I spent the hour donloading and installing. REALY disturbing for workflow!
20 REPLIES 20

Digikid1
Consultant
Agreed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
If everyone's got different software, it becomes difficult when it comes to fault finding. Usually an update is to improve things.

kernow
Heroic Explorer
The biggest reason I don't play as often as I would like is that every time I go to get into VR, there are updates, and by the time it is finished, I am no longer interested. It is at a point where I even dread VR because of the update process, so I don't even bother half the time, anymore. As said, THE BIGGEST reason for my lack of going into VR is the updates.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Don't really have a issue with updates personally, i am actually quite happy to see stuff being supported and fixed with updates in a regular basis as the other option would be unfixed dead buggy software.

But does the Oculus app not have the option for automatic updates that you can toggle on and off?
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Wuestefeld
Protege
It happend again. 😞 Went on holidays after return Oculus just doesn´t run, because it decideed itself to update.
Normaly I had just 20 Minutes of work to do. Now I first have to do research how to repair it..

PLEASE give People the opportunity to decide when to update! This is realy not god for a running pipeline!

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer

It happend again. 😞 Went on holidays after return Oculus just doesn´t run, because it decideed itself to update.
Normaly I had just 20 Minutes of work to do. Now I first have to do research how to repair it..

PLEASE give People the opportunity to decide when to update! This is realy not god for a running pipeline!

If your holiday was longer than a week, there was a bug in the software that caused it to not run.  They _had_ to roll an update to fix it. https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/ Will tell you anything you need to know.

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer

If your holiday was longer than a week, there was a bug in the software that caused it to not run.  They _had_ to roll an update to fix it.  https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/ will tell you what you need to know.

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer

If your holiday was longer than a week, there was a bug in the software that caused it to not run.  They _had_ to roll an update to fix it.  https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/ will tell you what you need to know.