cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Order 6130000254XXXX Shipment Notification!!

Focux
Level 4
Hey everyone! Just got my shipment notification so I figured I would share in the hopes my info helps ease some troubled minds. I was order number 6130000254XXXX. I had my order confirmation within a minute of pre-orders going live. I haven't gotten actual tracking information yet but I'm hopeful I'll get it soon. Here's the email:

Hi XXX,

Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon.

Please keep this email handy for reference. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Oculus Support.

The Oculus Team

The only strange thing about all this is that even though my order status page as a guest says "Shipped" the expected shipping date says July 2016 at the bottom of the page. I pray that's just an error otherwise I will be raising hell. Haha.

Cheers, happy gaming.
75 REPLIES 75

infamouz
Level 4
yea sure staff member, you aint fooling us

AHeckman
Level 5

Mine is 6130000297XXXX, but since I am in Japan I have the feeling I won't get mine until end of April or even May... I'm not entirely sure they are shipping based on the Pre-Orders order. I bet they will ship to America first.

but being in Japan we are so much closer to China where it was made 😛

grimdar
Level 5
I got a $1.00 charge on my CC.. followed by a $0.00 charge.... weird? I'm in the 26 group

notsram
Level 9

grimdar said:

I got a $1.00 charge on my CC.. followed by a $0.00 charge.... weird? I'm in the 26 group

That's almost certainly a test charge from the Oculus store.

Lucky_D
Level 7
This was mentioned in other posts, if you have installed the Oculus Software on your PC wihtin the last 24 hours, one of the things it asks you to do in add CC information.  The $1.00 charge is from the Oculus Store charged during the Oculus software installation.

Tritonheat
Level 4
"The $1.00 charge is from the Oculus Store charged during the Oculus software installation."

At least they got that part right....!! They never have ANY "glitches" when it comes to billing! Hahahahahaha!!!!

snappahead
Level 5
US Vive's are being processed and shipped in mass right now. 
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Tritonheat
Level 4

Vive's are being processed and shipped in mass right now. 

One company's epic fail, is the others gain.... 

TonyDellinger
Level 3
Look, no matter how bad you want it, they are going to ship them in whatever order is most cost effective for them as a company, and it has nothing to do with the order in which you bought it.  Stop kidding yourselves, it's a business decision.  The good thing is that it will probably be most cost effective to stick to processing orders in the same order in which they arrived. But that won't always be the case, depending on where you live, etc.

Percy1983
Level 9
I would have to go with the idea that the order number is generated when you start your order and the place in the queue is when you submit your order.

So overall there is a correlation between order numbers and place in queue but tis not an exact science.

I would like to think there is quite a few in the postal system right now.

Likewise out of all those who ordered there not all going to be on these forums or reddit and even then not all of them will post to tell the world.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w