cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Order Shipping

baggyg
Level 4
Hi,

Can anyone from Oculus give us an indication when the first pre-orders will start to be processed? Palmer previously said these would be around late May / Early June but was hoping as that is very close we could get a more accurate estimate.

Thanks in advance
2,156 REPLIES 2,156

Peejle
Level 3
I'm a pre-order (Jan 31st)
Just got an email saying order changing to processing.
I'm order #045064
in US

Peejle

spire8989
Level 3
Pretty sure that they've just moved everyone to processing. I hope we actually get them shipped soon though and aren't just stuck on processing for a month :3

Gedd
Level 2
Well just think of this as a good time to start researching and coding in preparation of when you receive what you order. I have a long haul to get my project up to speed in hopes I'm ready.

kurry
Level 3
"Peejle" wrote:
I'm a pre-order (Jan 31st)
Just got an email saying order changing to processing.
I'm order #045064
in US

Peejle

Lucky, I'm a little before you, but I'm not in processing yet.
Probably because I'm a Canadian preorder. :cry:

CaptnYesterday
Level 2
Order Number: 048222
Missouri, US

Received the change to processing mail.

kurry
Level 3
Almost had a heart attack when I saw an email from Oculus, then
I realized it was just an email because I'm subscribed to this thread :oops:

MrGeddings
Level 3
received the same email order number

i am starting to wonder since the other guy is much after mine.....if this is not really indicating actual shipping.....if so thats really bad because the topic of the email says "your order is shipping soon".

this better not be some glitch mess up i will be pretty ticked off if it is. Dont send out emails saying "your order is shipping soon" IF thats not the case.

UNLESS somehow they managed to get a lot more units produced or something?

guess we'll find out more info not too long. since the email seemed a bit odd to get it now i sent them a support email to double check.

so either way should know sooner or later if this is bullcrap.

i quote the heavies reply of "is not possible' on this one.

We shall see!

enigma642
Level 2
I too got the email. 20290

EAPidgeon
Level 2
Well at least I know that my insomnia is going to get increasingly worse if Oculus doesn't tell us if they wizarded huge batches or not :?

*edit*

Order Number #472XX *received processing in 24 hours email.

rpanderson
Level 3
"EAPidgeon" wrote:
Well at least I know that my insomnia is going to get increasingly worse if Oculus doesn't tell us if they wizarded huge batches or not :?

*edit*

Order Number #472XX *received processing in 24 hours email.

I'm hesitant to become optimistic over this, but if it's true, I suppose it would mean that we're all getting our dev kits much earlier than we expected.

From what I've gathered from these forums, these confirmation emails are not consistent with the theorized production speed. Who knows? Maybe production did get ramped up, and we just don't know about it. Or maybe our orders will be processing for weeks or months. Or maybe it was just some mailing error, although I'd like to think it's not that.

I'll save my excitement for when people with such high order numbers start reporting that their Rifts have been shipped. Until then, I'll just keep an eye on things, because this is certainly interesting.