cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably one of my favorite Rift experiences last weekend.

Someguitarist
Explorer
So, let me set the stage for you; first, we were a little past mildly intoxicated. Second, my work PC is set up in the corner of my apartment right next to the windows.

We fired up Malfunction (Which is an amazing demo, if you haven't tried it) for a friend of mine who'd been in the Rift before but hadn't seen the demo. He walked around the starting bedroom and incidentally happened to place his character facing straight on the opposite side of the bed, with the window to his left in the exact same position of the window in real life. He turned to the left, and was trying to get a better look out the window (at this point, both in-game and it looked the same in real life), and knocked the Rift on the actual window. He was like 'Whoa!' and then put his hands up, feeling the *actual* window which just happened to be in the same position in game.

Long story short, he was completely amazed. He was sitting there going 'HOW DID THEY MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A WINDOW?', and I just could not stop laughing. 😉
5 REPLIES 5

calzila101
Honored Guest
Best. Reaction. Ever :lol:

cybereality
Grand Champion
I did the same exact thing with the Sixense Tuscany.

Walked up to the game desk and went to touch it, touched my real desk, mind blown.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I hear stuff like that happening, it just makes me want my Rift here sooner all the more. I'm going nucking futts here. lolz 🙂

StCecil
Honored Guest
"bryndal36" wrote:
When I hear stuff like that happening, it just makes me want my Rift here sooner all the more. I'm going nucking futts here. lolz 🙂

you ordered sept 6th ?

still don't have it?? I'd think you would get it very soon
Ordered : November 2nd 2013 (November 3rd on my time) Receieved Processing mail : November 25th 2013 (November 26th on my time) Arrived : December 3rd 2013 Status : Enjoying it. Location : 東京 (Tokyo)

attila
Honored Guest
check out this.. we made it pretty close to reality.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4932