cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars which version??

afm
Level 3
I bought Project cars from Oculus which recognises my Thrustmaster TX wheel as Steam does not, but what version is the Project Cars that I bought from the Oculus store as it doesn't say if it is 1 or 2 
16 REPLIES 16

Julius-X
Level 4
Project CARS 2 is not available in the Oculus store.  Unfortunately it's only available on Steam.  So the Oculus store copy you have is Project CARS 1. 

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
I bought Project Cars from the Oculus store when it was on sale last month.  It was ~1/2 the cost of Steam, and ~1/3 the Cost of Project Cars 2.  I'm really enjoying it.  I also have Assetto Corsa and it works great as well.  Both of these can be played VR and non-VR btw.  Although, once you VR it's pretty hard to go back to flat screen.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.

MowTin
Level 11
The Oculus store only has Project Cars 1. You should refund and get Project Cars 2 from Steam. Project Cars 2 was built with VR in mind. It's my favorite VR game. I owned both before and it's a huge difference. 
i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

There's another thread or 2 discussing Project CARS 1 & 2, have a look.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/577607#Comment_577607

I posted this in that thread which may be useful when deciding....

I count 112 circuits in pCARS with all the DLC but that includes some tracks that have multiple versions (Nurburgring counts as 6 different tracks I think). Around 10 tracks were included in various DLCs.

So far I count 134 track in pCARS 2, with 2 of those tracks included in the Fun Pack bonus DLC which are dirt tracks. That's the other addition to pCARS 2... dirt track racing.

It's possible that an increased number of the existing tracks have been laser scanned or improved in some other way but I'd have to dig around a bit to be sure.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

afm
Level 3

MowTin said:

The Oculus store only has Project Cars 1. You should refund and get Project Cars 2 from Steam. Project Cars 2 was built with VR in mind. It's my favorite VR game. I owned both before and it's a huge difference. 

Steam is my whole problem, I bought PC 2 at my local games store to run on my new gaming computer not knowing that it had to be activated by Steam to play it, but it does not recognise my Thrustmaster TX base and my 458 Italia wheel, which I had been running on my XBox one.

dburne
Level 16
I have been wanting to pick up a wheel and pedals and get back into sim racing a little, and have had my eye on Project Cars 2 to do it with - but I will be darned if I am going to buy a game that has to be run through Steam.
If that is always going to be that way, guess I will never get it.
Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |

SapowiTz
Level 4
@Dburne And thats why? When you launch pCars 2 through steam, you are promted if you want to use the Oculus Runtime or SteamVR... selecting Oculus VR is the same as running any other Oculus game!

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

OK so after a little searching, there seems to be some confusion over wheels.

There are 2 wheels with very similar names. The Ferrari 458 Italia which is a non-force feedback wheel and which isn't supported in pCARS 1 or 2. And the other is TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition, which is a force feedback wheel and is supported in pCARS 1 & 2.

I assume you have the former. Someone's posted that they got it working by going into Gamepad > Custom settings. Seems it's not ideal though as gamepad adds steering assistance.

The same support seems to be the case in Assetto Corsa with the latter wheel listed but not the former. https://www.assettocorsa.net/system-requirements/

Neither of these wheels are listed as being supported in the PC version of Codemaster's F1 2017. http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2017-supported-wheels-and-controllers/

My advice is probably not what you want to hear... get something like a G27 which is pretty much supported by everything on PC.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
Thanks, I was thinking about a wheel, G27 sounds best.  Thanks again.

Also, with the Steam PC2, can you still play this in non-VR mode?  Not that I don't luv VR, but sometimes is it is nice to play games on a 144hz gaming monitor.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.