cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cars and rain effect

PIM1
Honored Guest
I was watching this youtube clip http://youtu.be/BBG-YJLCEv4 and thought the screen door limitations should be completely gone with this type of weather as we all know first hand how rain on the windscreen in real life greatly reduces visibility, but we just deal with it. I don't get my rift till end of August but then no project cars till November so anybody with access to this game would be cool.
7 REPLIES 7

obzen
Expert Protege
Check this out :

The SDE would be the least of your concerns! 😄
DK1 FREAK...

PIM1
Honored Guest
Wow that looks incredible, like you say should take away any screen door problems 🙂

1karl1
Honored Guest
If you check this video out of P Cars/Nordschleife on the DK2 (Spanish) I can tell that the SD is no hindrance to the guys lap time . Having driven hundreds and hundreds of laps here in Assetto myself to the point of knowing this track like the back of my hand i can tell most of his braking points are spot on and any mistakes are errors from him rather than the lack of res or screen door .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXemMb4lUlc

PIM1
Honored Guest
Another great vid. It's really good to see some people who are clearly sim racers have little to no trouble matching monitor pace. I have that same wheel and shifter when I got forza on xbox 360. It's a great wheel but really looking forward to the improved force feedback and 1 to 1 response that my pc can do.

Back on to the rain etc I know the dk2 is very good on resolution (very playable as this vid suggests) but rain must make the screen door go away completely, so should games be designed to take advantage of low visibility but in a real world way.

My DK2 can't come soon enough 🙂

mac2
Honored Guest
does anyone know how to get project cars working with the rift?
do you need steamVR active and do you need to kill the services in extended before playing?

Sarsippius
Honored Guest
Nothing will make the screen door go away, the DK2 is very playable, I've been sim racing for 10+ years and feel I'm just as competitive but the SDE is still quite prevalent and nothing but a better screen will really change this.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How do you get P cars working with DevKit 2? I was lead to believe that it's not yet Dev Kit 2 compatible.