cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Demo DK2

rupy
Level 2
How could one attach the DK2 with a kensington lock to allow for public demo without having 100% attendance?

Is there a spot where you can attach a steel wire, or do you have to drill your own holes?
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.
7 REPLIES 7

Someguitarist
Level 2
It's going to be connected to a computer, right? Do you intend to leave that unattended as well?

rupy
Level 2
Yep, kensington lock, that's it.

I mean it's not the kind of place people just start ripping hardware out.
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.

Peteo
Level 3
"rupy" wrote:
Yep, kensington lock, that's it.

I mean it's not the kind of place people just start ripping hardware out.

DK2 has a USB port on the top left, you could try something like this:

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Cable-lock/p/sm/1000534732.htm#1000534732

You would need a light but strong cable. It would still probably get in the way of using the rift though.

rupy
Level 2
Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid that the plug wont fit and an unintended thug on this might damage the integrated circuit.

I guess drilling a hole in the plastic shell is the only recourse...

Semicidal
Level 2
This seems like a lot of work for something Oculus probably isn't too keen on you doing.
Where is the demo being held?

VizionVR
Level 8
An unattended demo is an accident waiting to happen.
What if they drop the HMD? Or worse, what if the person tries to stand up wearing the HMD and they fall? I'm pretty sure Oculus' lawyers would not appreciate this at all.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

rupy
Level 2
Hm, I guess you're right.