cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase direct or from Amazon

ShermanHerman
Protege
Im thinking purchasing from amazon gives more support for the first month anyhow being that you can return it if defective...I would imagine if you have a hardware problem oculus will snail mail you email support while amazon there is no waiting or a replacement..

Am I wrong?
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
If you are a prime member then use that for 30 days and give it a whirl. But in the long run yes while a little slow, I'd recommend Oculus for the full support you'd get from them.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I'd buy direct from Amazon, they have a better return policy and much better logistics.  Aside from that you have the warranty through Oculus.  I have no idea what "full support" an amazon customer is not getting that an oculus customer is getting from facebook, I don't think there is a difference.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I meant "full" as in an Oculus product direct from Oculus. I didn't mean one does less 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always go with my Amazon Prime account, for the return policy.
You will still get the same support from Oculus after the 30 days AFAIK, at least while in warranty.

I thought my first Rift S was defective, so submitted a return for replacement with Amazon. Well they shipped me a no charge replacement the next day via 2 day, and gave me 30 days to return the original purchase.
Now that is hard to beat.

Digikid1
Consultant
ALWAYS use Amazon if you can. If you’re not happy they will always allow a return and refund. 

Oculus on the other hand will make you wait until the return period is over then you’re screwed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I typically like to order direct from the source (whether manufacturer or developer) rather than a 3rd party so I can support the creators. You'll get the same warranty either way, but Amazon is better about "no questions asked" returns (but don't abuse this or they will flag your account if they see you are pulling a "try before you buy" on them).

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Oculus Direct for me.  Although not advertised, the Oculus Store is good for refunds on purchases up to 30 days.  I know because I had no problems getting my Rift S refunded after a few weeks use.  Also good to have Customer and Technical Supports under one roof imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers