cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing xmas bundles as a gift?

nothingasitseems
Honored Guest

I would like to buy one of the X-mas sales bundles as a gift, but I am not able to. I already have the games in the bundle on my oculus but want to buy it for a family member? Can I not do this?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we understand you would like to gift a bundle of games. You can't gift a bundle but you can gift them individually. Here's a link to follow to make purchases during our Holiday Sale.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Are you serious? Why would anyone gift them individually and NOT get the discount price? Why don't you fix this instead? You are the only games store with this issue. 

So maybe I understand it this way. If I buy a bundle I have to download the games individually anyway correct? So are you saying you can then gift them individually after bundle purchase instead of downloading them personally? This way I can still buy them in the bundle at the discounted price? if so maybe you could find a better way of making that clear. But an answer to this question here would still be appreciated as well. 

I think he only way to give Oculus games as a gift is to click the "buy as a gift" button, and there isn't such a button for a bundle. You can't send games as a gift after buying them for yourself, they must be bought as a gift.

That's correct, @Glorkbot! We're always glad to see our community helping each other out! Enjoy your holiday everyone! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Two years later, and this still isn't an option! That's insane. This should be fixed by now when every other gaming platform has this option.

fwiw Steam does not allow gifting of bundle sale priced items either on balance.  Doesn't make either right, but Meta is not alone in this, and I wish it were changed for both.

Sounds about right, haha. I just bought them a gift card and let them purchase the bundle. Feels slightly less thoughtful, but it should work out