cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put a phone in your DK2 and snap a picture!

polypusher
Honored Guest
I'd like to collect some high res photos of what you see through the lens. Part of it is troubleshooting for me, I need to compare what a working device sees so I know I'm not crazy.

Plus, its cool.

Ill go first

Here's what I see in my unit in the calibration program. Exciting right? I wouldnt mind if someone posts the exact same image from their HMD.

Got a full res shot of Elite? That would be sweet.
7 REPLIES 7

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Is this what you are actually seeing in the Rift? I mean, does it display the resolution and everything correctly? If it does then I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of Elite Dangerous either.

Edit: Now I get it, you stuck a phone in your Rift. I thought you meant you had connected it via Usb.

polypusher
Honored Guest
As the title suggests, yeah its a phone in my Rift 🙂 (through the A lens) I'll snap some Elite shots when I get home. I'd like to compare to what others see.

robvld
Explorer
I was wondering if someone could snap a picture watching a movie in that VRmovieTheather...
perhaps a comparing shot between DK1 and DK2? 🙂

polypusher
Honored Guest
Elite! So I really dont think I'm getting the display I am supposed to. There's no clarity, the colors are way off. I can't tell if my Radeon 7900 is to blame because my wife's computer won't handle the Rift at all 😞 Some of the blurriness can be blamed on my phone but the colors are spot on (just bizarrely cold compared to running on my regular monitor) and the overly jagged EVERYTHING

flexy123
Superstar
Looking at the E:D shots, if this WERE what I'd see in the Rift I would immediately send the Rift back and demand a refund. Is this really what people see in the rift, with chromatic color rainbows etc.? Utterly horrible.

Real
Honored Guest
"polypusher" wrote:
Elite! So I really dont think I'm getting the display I am supposed to. There's no clarity, the colors are way off. I can't tell if my Radeon 7900 is to blame because my wife's computer won't handle the Rift at all 😞 Some of the blurriness can be blamed on my phone but the colors are spot on (just bizarrely cold compared to running on my regular monitor) and the overly jagged EVERYTHING

That rainbows on every thing are.. what are? I don'ìt understand, it is really so ugly?

sparkie14
Expert Protege
"polypusher" wrote:

Looks like you got something wrong there. I get more vibrant colors in my makeshift 4 lens google headset with my note 3 screen than this.