cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Pro Please!

Cyion
Level 4
Dear Oculus/Facebook,

I will not be buying a Quest 2 and I would suggest that there is a need for a PRO version of the Quest 2.  For context reasons, I will reveal that I own a Rift CV1 currently with 3 cameras.

Here are the reasons I am not buying a Quest 2:

- No mechanical IPD slider.  I am one of the rare people who get headaches if my IPD is off by only 1 mm.  I am a VR veteran and have logged thousands of hours so this isn't a VR noobie issue.
- Cheaper microphone than the Rift CV1
- No FOV increase
- I have heard reports that the tracking is worse than the first Quest tracking.  Having excellent tracking on the CV1 makes this very undesirable.  Perhaps it will improve with software updates?
- No built in "quality" headphones.  The CV1 headphones are amazing!  Anything less in quality to that is unacceptable to me.

Now that the rift line is being killed.  Oculus should consider making all future headset have a standard and pro edition.  It is no more work then when you were making a quest and rift s at the same time.

I would love to see a Quest 2 Pro that has these features:

- mechanical IPD ******* (IMPORTANT!)
- built in "quality" headphones
- a "quality" microphone
- increased FOV
- a proper cable that isn't a link cable, I don't want to deal with increased latency due to compression or potentially decreased resolution

Of course it would cost more, but I am willing to pay it.  I am sure many others would pay it too.  Especially those who are buying their second headset or those who have many headsets.

Also for people reading, could you please comment if you want a pro version of the quest 2 as well.  Please also, I don't really want to respond to people who want to pick apart stuff that I have said, can those people please focus on the quest pro part of my message, that would be appreciated.

Thank you for listening,

Cyion
32 REPLIES 32

Neo_33
Level 5
I have a Rift CV1, Quest 1, Rift S, and soon to be Quest 2.  An IPD slider would be ideal but I can get by fine without it.  I don't see Facebook investing in another VR headset.  It looks like they want to invest in 1 headset and that is it judging how the Rift S is going to be discontinued soon.  Unfortunately you might only have 2 options.  Continue using the Rift CV1 with 3 sensors or find another headset from another manufacturer.  The HP Reverb G2 looks good so you might want to take a look at that.  

Cyion
Level 4
The quest and quest 2 are doing very well, making money.  When things go well like they are, it isn't unreasonable to think Facebook might pivot and release a pro headset.  Just because they are done with PCVR only headsets doesn't mean they can't expand their plan.  Instead we have a bunch of people coming in here who's minds are closed to any possibilities beyond what is in front of them right now.

Cyion
Level 4
Furthermore, this forum fails at being supportive to ideas other than what the majority think.  How about lifting each other up and instead ridiculing and trying to make a person feel like an idiot for daring to go against what the majority think?  I am not just talking about this thread.

dburne
Level 16

Cyion said:

Furthermore, this forum fails at being supportive to ideas other than what the majority think.  How about lifting each other up and instead ridiculing and trying to make a person feel like an idiot for daring to go against what the majority think?  I am not just talking about this thread.

That is some wishful thinking there...
 😉 
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
you must feel the cold of the water when you swim in a lake.

Digikid1
Level 12

Cyion said:

A forum is a BUNCH of opinions.....not just yours.  Your idea will just not happen period.  Plus you are demanding a version just AFTER they released the Quest 2.

Is it mean?  Not at all.....we are used to how VR HMD companies work and base our responses accordingly.  If you cannot grasp that.....well then the internet is a dangerous place for you to be.

The truth hurts at times......use that pain to become stronger than you are.

Cyion
Level 4
I have dealt with a lot of pain in my life, I am strong.  I feel humanity is failing and should not tear each other down but become better then they are and be a positive influence in others lives and accepting of various ideas instead of crapping on people who are different.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
the only time your free is when you work and mind your own business. otherwise your somebody elses business and you have to put up with them and their quirks. thats life. if you live in a place with other people that is.

inovator
Level 12

Cyion said:

I have dealt with a lot of pain in my life, I am strong.  I feel humanity is failing and should not tear each other down but become better then they are and be a positive influence in others lives and accepting of various ideas instead of crapping on people who are different.

I'm one of the first members to have said if the quest 1 is successful oculus would just have a single all in one headset. I was 100% correct. I was attaced  by many. But boy it felt good to prove them all wrong. One member in particular. Your idea of a need for a pro is a nice idea but against Facebook's goal of reaching 1 billion users (mass market) that's why it's better to look at other company's than to waste your hope in fb doing this. Not agreeing with an idea isn't tearing someone down. If you disagree with what I say then you can say why and we have a back and forth dialog. It's ok in the end to agree to disagree. Sometimes someone gets out of hand and personally attacks. If it continues usually a moderator will step in.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
the gear vr sold because it was sold with the galaxy phones. i doubt without a similar strategy the quest 2 will even make a bump in sales. they need to attach it to some other product, maybe make it into installation payments tied to a facebook account. advertise it as 1 year monthly fee of 50 dollars or so even 30 dollars american and facebook will let you have a quest 2. otherwise i don't see more than a few million being sold.