cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest or Go??

god_alom
Level 5
Hiya, vivid vr enthusias. I'm in a position to either keep my Go or buy the quest, but don't know which to do. One app I'm looking to use alot is virtual desktop (2d gaming). I would like to know which offers better performance, the quest or go?
14 REPLIES 14

edmg
Level 10
The Quest hardware is a bit faster, but I don't know whether it's enough to be worth replacing the headset. The big difference is the translational movement as well as rotation.

rednekcowboy77
Level 5
Keep in mind the Quest has limited capacity.  2 or 3 fully size games will be all you can store on the 64GB model.  Even the 128GB is not near enough space, IMHO.  Most games are small in size but the AAA games are easily 20+GB each.

god_alom
Level 5
Thanks for reply, decided I'm going to buy a quest.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Keep in mind the Quest has limited capacity.  2 or 3 fully size games will be all you can store on the 64GB model.  Even the 128GB is not near enough space, IMHO.  Most games are small in size but the AAA games are easily 20+GB each.

This isn't exactly true--no Quest games are anywhere near that big. Most games are under 2 GB. Robo Recall is one of the larger ones, and it's still less than 3 GB.

I've got around 25 games and apps installed on my Quest (128 GB model), plus the free demos that came with it, and I think I've still got about 80 GB available. I know UploadVR checked, and all 50 apps that were available at release would fit on the 64 GB Quest with a little room to spare.

Edit: 33 apps installed and 85 GB free space still available.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

TragicDelight
Level 4
Quest smashes the Go.
Rift S smashes the Quest.
Index smashes my wallet.

Spuzzum
Level 9
Go has LCD and a limited range fixed IPD, while Quest has OLED and a manual IPD slider. Those alone are good enough reasons for the Quest, even if just for 2D gaming through Virtual Desktop.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

nalex66 said:

This isn't exactly true--no Quest games are anywhere near that big. Most games are under 2 GB. Robo Recall is one of the larger ones, and it's still less than 3 GB.

I've got around 25 games and apps installed on my Quest (128 GB model), plus the free demos that came with it, and I think I've still got about 80 GB available. I know UploadVR checked, and all 50 apps that were available at release would fit on the 64 GB Quest with a little room to spare.

I too a quick look through the store too (the oculus store lists the size of each game), the biggest I could find was Roborecall at 2.97GB.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
Level 15
Quest now does everything GO does in terms of its approach to Media Entertainment. GO's biggest niche was Oculus Venues, which is now fully supported (and advertised) on Quest.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

kojack said:

nalex66 said:

I too a quick look through the store too (the oculus store lists the size of each game), the biggest I could find was Roborecall at 2.97GB.

The only larger game I found was Wizards at 3.43 GB.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2