cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest with no SD card slot?

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
Umm I was planning on buying one but after reading this I am not so sure!

This seems crazy to me as a large game would use 10gb or more.
8 REPLIES 8

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
Maybe it will get external memory via its USB port?  The Oculus Go is supposed to get this feature in the near future.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 1000w. Rift cv1, Quest 1, Vive Pro.

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
Well I wonder how that will work when we need a power pack plugged in because of the short battery life.

pyroth309
Level 14
Yea this is my only beef with the Quest really(besides the 835 snapdragon). They are supposed to offer a 128gig version supposedly. But even at 128, that seems kind of tight considering how large games are. I hope the USB storage option ends up true. 

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
Yes I can see storage is going to be a big issue, what is the point in having 50+ games at launch if you cant have them all installed to play....

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I assume the intension is for stand-alone games to have much less of an impact on processor and memory compared to PC but yeah, if the Quest becomes a success and software devs really take to it, that memory is going to fill up.
What do we think the average stand-alone game is going to take up? I'm going to hazard a guess at maybe 2GB (that may be an overestimate).

I guess some people may want to add a movie or 2 (although streaming is more likely)... and if there's an app for viewing photos and listening to music in VR, that would be cool so memory could be an issues.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.867)

DiarrheaHero
Level 2
I bought 128 and after software updates there was 100gb left for games.... So.... Ofcourse should have slot... What Facebook been thinking... Money?
 I could buy sony xperia 5 for 250$ with 250gb memory+1tb card slot. And prisessor is better than quest,. Vr box costs just 10$ and controllers 20$.... Battery life is double. 

DiarrheaHero
Level 2
That Sony xperia have 8gb ram also

dburne
Level 16
I would say go for it.
Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |