cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest2 Link

alex_g_smith
Level 2

I have been considering the Quest 2 for some time now.  After reviewing the Link compatibility page, my  laptop's GPU (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650) is not supported.  Is this likely to change or is there a patch that can be downloaded? 

Also...is it worth holding off and going for the Quest 3 when it's released?

Thank you all in advance for opinions, hints and ideas.

2 REPLIES 2

suekohn22
Level 3

thanks for info

PITTCANNA
Level 13

@alex_g_smith wrote:

I have been considering the Quest 2 for some time now.  After reviewing the Link compatibility page, my  laptop's GPU (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650) is not supported.  Is this likely to change or is there a patch that can be downloaded? 

Also...is it worth holding off and going for the Quest 3 when it's released?

Thank you all in advance for opinions, hints and ideas.

There is no intent on the 1650 being validated and officially supported.  At this point since 3000 and the eventual 4000 series gpus coming onto market.  It would make no sense for oculus to add official support to them.

Quest 3 when it comes out will utilize all the same architecture, so its a moot point.

I recommend 2 options to attempt pcvr.

Download the oculus pc app and see if you can get it to work with air-link.  Airlink is same as wired link when it comes to performance as long as your a wifi 5ghz router.  Just don't spend money on a cable.

Or get virtual desktop for the quest 2, and put the streamer app on your laptop, and see if you get the steamvr to run.  The lab is a free steam vr game.

Virtual desktop emulates steam vr via the games tap.