cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for the future

DestinyBetween
Explorer

Hello i have a question about the futures console will there be still a problem with the stick drift or are u al trying to fix that issue so many ppl have this issue and are u guys consider to fix this i hope that u will read this and help all of us out it will be so nice if u guys can fix this i think all of us who are having this issue will appreciate it if it's fixed in the future for all our gamers out here let them hear out voices

3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

The odds of fixing it are probably low. Sony, Microsoft and (especially) Nintendo all suffer from stick drift, there have been class action lawsuits against all three of them.

It's a fundamental flaw of resistive potentiometer based thumbsticks. The solution would be to use an alternative like hall effect, but that's rare for 2D thumbsticks.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

SweetDaria97
Honored Guest

agree with you

Ya, Hall Effect gimbals like on my higher end Spectrum radio control transmitters would be nice.  From Spektrum;

HALL-EFFECT GIMBALS
The NX10 transmitter's Hall-effect sensor gimbals offer long-lasting precision with an ultra-smooth feel that's conveniently adjustable from the front of the transmitter. Compared to traditional, potentiometer-style gimbals, these offer higher resolution, longer life, and greater durability.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers