cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Rifts got held up in customs

Nedo
Explorer
Hi i have a quick question regarding the latest Rifts got held up in customs,
does this affect the new productions too, everything on halt? Or does the new Rifts getting build
like usual?

thanks for any info!

R
Nedo
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016
5 REPLIES 5

baggyg
Protege
"nedo" wrote:
Hi i have a quick question regarding the latest Rifts got held up in customs,
does this affect the new productions too, everything on halt? Or does the new Rifts getting build
like usual?

thanks for any info!

R
Nedo

This is being discussed in the "Pre Order Shipping" discussion currently. I think you are asking if the factory will halt production, although its not hugely clear. If that is the question, I am sure this is not the case. There is no reason for the factory to stop and it would actually be very costly. Productions lines like this can't just start and stop willy nilly.

MrGeddings
Explorer
my question is what does the processing status really mean? they get the orders in CA from China or is it when the unit is produced in china and sent to a warehouse in China to be shipped to the US? I guess the first case eh...

baggyg
Protege
"MrGeddings" wrote:
my question is what does the processing status really mean? they get the orders in CA from China or is it when the unit is produced in china and sent to a warehouse in China to be shipped to the US? I guess the first case eh...

I don't think we have an official answer to this. My personal feeling is that this is when it has left the factory in China and is due to arrive shortly at the distribution centre. However, as we have come to see customs is still a hurdle after your Rift has gone to processing which is why a load of people in NA / EU are currently stuck. This is just an educated guess.

NegativeCamber
Honored Guest
"baggyg" wrote:
"MrGeddings" wrote:

I don't think we have an official answer to this. My personal feeling is that this is when it has left the factory in China and is due to arrive shortly at the distribution centre. However, as we have come to see customs is still a hurdle after your Rift has gone to processing which is why a load of people in NA / EU are currently stuck. This is just an educated guess.

My guess is they go to processing when they start putting the shipping labels onthe boxes. Where that is I don't know.

Nedo
Explorer
Well as long as they still producing Rifts it would be ok, but whats with the next batch if the prior batch
is still on hold? Thats another question, how many can be produced until the warehouse in china gets full.
I really hope they get this customs probles sorted out quick!
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016