cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multiplayer

NHS001
Honored Guest

HI Everyone,

I just purchased four Oculus Quest 2 sets for a Post Prom Party for our high school seniors.  The idea was to have four system running and playing with or against one another.  So far I've only opened two systems to experiment with, and both are registered to my FB account.

Based on what's been discussed on this thread, could I buy four licenses that will allow four kids to play at the same time.  Having all four systems registered to my FB account...would this pose a problem with purchasing four licenses?

Thanks for your help

John

3 REPLIES 3

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey there @NHS001 I moved your question to a thread of it's own since the last post was in regards to a different issue. 

To address your question, there is no limit to the number of Quest 2 devices that can be linked to a single FB account. Purchasing the 4 separate licenses on 4 separate devices will allow you to play them simultaneously.

If you have a good Wi-Fi router you should be able to use all 4 at the same time for local multiplayer or online gaming wirelessly using either AirLink or Virtual Desktop. I suggest running some speed tests across multiple devices to see if your transfer rates do not suffer.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

lokjik
Honored Guest

ohh, I understand. It is cool

NHS001
Honored Guest

Thanks for the info Tonberry.

Just to confirm, Airlink and Virtual desktop is for online gaming.  If I want to setup 4 person/4 system, this can be done through a local WiFi?  Are there multiplayer games that will not work in a local setup, and requires AirLink or Virtual Desktop?

Thanks Again

John