cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Ready Player One .. and the possibilities of VR marketing and spin off

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I think the source material was MADE for VR .... I do hope that Spielberg and folks will tap into the potential that comes with VR. Perhaps VR trailers?, VR mini experiences as a prelude to the movie? It is not out until 2017 ... so the user base would grow by then. It just NEEDS to happen. Oculus should approach the studio and get in there!

Any other ideas on how they could market this in VR?

For those unfamiliar with ready player one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Player_One

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another πŸ™‚
7 REPLIES 7

RobHermans
Level 9
Yes! I still haven't got around to reading it. The studios will surely have people working on creating VR trailers, that seems a natural thing. Good to strike while the iron's hot, but VR is still so untested that trailers won't be commonplace for several years, I imagine.

Trilby
Level 4
Fantastic story.  Highly recommended...

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@RobHermans  I do not think this thread was ... um .. controversial enough ... I think it needed a bit more "F**k you Oculus ............. Ready Player One!"
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Luciferous
Level 12
I believe the author visited Oculus HQ many moons ago and Palmer got his autograph.

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
oh how cool!

dead4sure
Level 5
It was because of Oculus that I was made aware of the book. I really enjoyed it.  πŸ™‚

pixel67
Level 3
Thought Ernest Cline was in bed with magic leap?