cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove update requirement

1234567890abcde
Honored Guest
Hi,
I have the message "New drivers are required for Oculus. Update Now", can anyone inform me please on how to remove this requirement.
Where is the trigger stored for this message, f.e. config file, install location or Registry. I would very much like to remove this message and continue with the current version i have.

Br.
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best just to go ahead and update. They push the new software updates out and they are not optional, so if you are prompted probably best to go ahead with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
dburne I would agree with you under any other circumstances but not with Oculus. The current driver build is broken. They know its broken and have known so for about 3 weeks, and yet they still make it a mandatory download.  Look at the these forums. Who knows how many people are struggling to get this latest driver (version 12) to work wishing they had just stayed with the pre-12 driver which worked fine. My suggestion is to absolutely avoid installing any Oculus update until you check the forums and can more or less confirm it is stable. Because right now upgrading your drivers with Oculus is like playing Russian roulette and once you update to a general release there is no going back.

To: 1234567890abcdefg I'm not sure about disabling that warning but right now people are downgrading to pre-12 driver (I think its 1.43)  and then using their firewall to block any Oculus updates. It prevents you from updating software or downloading new games but it is a necessity for those of us who literally cannot use our Rifts until they fix this POS driver release.