cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement HMD Cable - Dont buy Oculus products if outside official list of countries

RobinEnder
Honored Guest
Bought the Rift a year ago on a personal visit to the US  (Best Buy) -  1 Year Later found the cable started dying  and needed to be replaced - Oculus wont ship it to my country  - Portugal - so i thought about buying it on another US visit.  Buying was rejected because they wont ship to a Hotel adress  . They also say they wont ship to a German/UK/Spain freight forwarder.

So basically I have a brick at home for lack of a proprietary cable .  The only place i found It's being sold on is Amazon and ebay for the nice price of  $150  . Nice huh ?

Lots of people buy this stuff in NY, London, Madrid  stores and  take it to their country. It's even being sold by Fnac in Portugal - Even if you dont want to offer support for other countries you should make sure this kind of stuff is available.

11 REPLIES 11

RobinEnder
Honored Guest
Thanks hoppingbunny123 but

If the shipping address you entered for your
Oculus device in the Oculus Store is invalid, the following may be
causing the issue:

• You've entered a PO box or freight forwarding address.
    • We
      ship to regular addresses, like homes, apartments, dorms, condos and
      offices. We do not support PO Boxes or freight forwarders.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
its 69 here in canada i feel bad 4 u man.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
maybe the word is support, so you can buy it but its not under warranty, give it a try.

RobinEnder
Honored Guest
Already did a support ticket . They said there was nothing they could do.  So i'm stuck with a paperweight for lack of a cable.

Fighting for the right to able to purchase a 59 euro cable !  Kafka would be proud!

This is just so stupid

LZoltowski
Champion
Are you unable to purchase it via accessories page?

https://www.oculus.com/rift/accessories/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobinEnder
Honored Guest
The order just just gets canceled.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Any friends can order for themselves then ship it to you ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I help you from Sevilla, Spain?