cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement HMD Cable - Dont buy Oculus products if outside official list of countries

RobinEnder
Level 2
Bought the Rift a year ago on a personal visit to the US  (Best Buy) -  1 Year Later found the cable started dying  and needed to be replaced - Oculus wont ship it to my country  - Portugal - so i thought about buying it on another US visit.  Buying was rejected because they wont ship to a Hotel adress  . They also say they wont ship to a German/UK/Spain freight forwarder.

So basically I have a brick at home for lack of a proprietary cable .  The only place i found It's being sold on is Amazon and ebay for the nice price of  $150  . Nice huh ?

Lots of people buy this stuff in NY, London, Madrid  stores and  take it to their country. It's even being sold by Fnac in Portugal - Even if you dont want to offer support for other countries you should make sure this kind of stuff is available.

11 REPLIES 11

RobinEnder
Level 2
Thanks hoppingbunny123 but

If the shipping address you entered for your
Oculus device in the Oculus Store is invalid, the following may be
causing the issue:

• You've entered a PO box or freight forwarding address.
    • We
      ship to regular addresses, like homes, apartments, dorms, condos and
      offices. We do not support PO Boxes or freight forwarders.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
its 69 here in canada i feel bad 4 u man.

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
maybe the word is support, so you can buy it but its not under warranty, give it a try.

RobinEnder
Level 2
Already did a support ticket . They said there was nothing they could do.  So i'm stuck with a paperweight for lack of a cable.

Fighting for the right to able to purchase a 59 euro cable !  Kafka would be proud!

This is just so stupid

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Are you unable to purchase it via accessories page?

https://www.oculus.com/rift/accessories/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobinEnder
Level 2
The order just just gets canceled.

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Any friends can order for themselves then ship it to you ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Goltar
Level 3
Can I help you from Sevilla, Spain?