cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request - Minimize to System Tray

NoRestarts
Protege
Every game launcher I have (I have 8), except for Oculus Home, has this feature. This would be a much appreciated quality of life enhancement. An option to run at system startup would be great as well, but I've just added Oculus home to my windows startup folder, so not as necessary. I've seen a couple mods that added a system tray feature, so it can't be that difficult to implement, but I'm wary of installing 3rd party software. I keep waiting for this to be added, but it will be 3 years of waiting in March.
7 REPLIES 7

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
I would also like this to happen. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the Oculus Tray Tool to do this.
I know it is third party, but is a great program.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

NoRestarts
Protege

dburne said:

You can use the Oculus Tray Tool to do this.
I know it is third party, but is a great program.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

Thanks, this does what I'm asking, I just don't understand why it takes someone with no affiliation with Oculus to make this. This should have been a no-brainer, like wishlists. Question, even though I have "Start Minimized" selected, the Tray Tool does not minimize after startup, I have to minimize it manually, any idea why?

n2cugmoxgkhr.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm not real sure, I just checked mine and it is starting minimized properly. ( One difference on mine though is I do not have it start with Windows).
You might post this issue in the Tray Tool thread or contact ApollyonVR via PM.

x_entropy_x
Honored Guest
How to send Oculus Home to system tray, buy another VR headset that has system tray access.lol

Give me a break Oculus , a huge Home screen all over my desktop and you can't even resize the window. !!

What Oculus you think opening up will make me go Shopping...NO

WHAT'S NEEDED IS THIS NOW
System tray Icon with right click to launch VR games.. its 2019 get it together !!

Player433
Honored Guest
I need this too!

Mild-Dog
Expert Protege

Yes please.