cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resident Evil 4 VR is an Oculus Quest 2 exclusive

Zenbane
Level 16

It was announced today that Capcom is partnering with Oculus to bring RE4 over to Quest 2:

News:

https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil-4-vr-is-an-oculus-quest-2-exclusive/

Video announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrI2Woxqdnc

Quite awesome for Horror VR! I imagine that this would be a timed exclusive, and while I haven't seen any confirmation, it would make sense to bring this to PCVR at some point. But for now, this is great news for the Quest platform.

75 REPLIES 75

@dburne wrote:

Lone Echo 2 is still even a thing? I thought that thing was supposed to have been released around the same time the Rift S was...

I don't think it was ever paired with a Rift-S launch. But yeah, Lone Echo 2 is still a thing. It does take some time to make a AAA game. Especially something like Lone Echo which has vast open spaces the user can explore. This isn't a guided rail shooter like Alyx.

Zenbane
Level 16

Some fun details about the RE4 VR version (including the enhancements made for Quest 2):

While the core systems of Resident Evil 4’s gameplay return, Capcom and Armature Studios have uprezzed textures and art in the game to better accommodate the up-close view. More than 4,500 textures have either been repainted or had their resolution increased.

• Other changes to Resident Evil 4 VR include:
    Enemy behavior has been rebalanced to better accommodate the new gameplay.
  • Other gameplay changes include the ability to grab alternate weapons off of your body rather than entering a menu. Weapons and items have been “re-engineered” to be physical objects you can interact with, in the environment. The inventory menu is now an interactable screen that pops up in front of your face but still looks very much like the original grid.
  • You can now dual-wield weapons with your hands.
  • Cutscenes will be left intact in their original format, and character animations will remain untouched, albeit updated to Unreal Engine 4.
  • Yes, you can type on the typewriter.

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-4-vr-gameplay-and-graphic-changes-revealed

I'm usually not in favor of VR Ports (e.g. Skyrim and Fallout), but it sounds like the teams put in a lot of effort to make this a made-for-VR experience. Very exciting!

Pixie40
Level 9

Yes, it does. And I'm rather excited for this. I wonder if it'll be easier or harder then the original?

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

I think so too - but that never happened - then the game got delayed to 2020 - the devs said Covid-19 caused a delay, then everything went dark - but seems the game still survived. 

Still strange the Lone Echo crashes on your rig - but after upgrading 2080 Ti to 3090 you still got the same cpu and mainboard? 

My Lone Echo might have crashed like twice on my GTX 1080 rig - surely my son does not get the 1080 before I'm sure 3090 works perfectly - including Lone Echo 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Might at least be bigger - devs have had a very long time to make the game 

RuneSR2_0-1619189171678.png

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Yep it still crashed moments after clicking play and Liv talking.

That game will never see light of day on my system again, and not even Lone Echo 2.

Only game out of all of them I have played that ever did this on this rig. Very strange.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index