cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Facebook Server Outage - Oct 4th

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager
We're aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. Our teams are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

This can cause login and gameplay issues on Oculus, along with access to any Facebook services and apps.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The team has been working hard to restore access to our apps and services and are happy to report they are coming back online now. Thank you for bearing with us!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The team has been working hard to restore access to our apps and services and are happy to report they are coming back online now. Thank you for bearing with us!

Oculus store is still down for me. Should I just try every 10 minutes or so?

Please do. We're coming back online now, but some things may take slightly longer to trick out to everyone. Thanks for bearing with us!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Took me several attempts to get logged back in to the forum, but seems ok now since  I did.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

All seems back to normal for me in Australia now.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Great to hear! Welcome back!

JCHStudio
Honored Guest

I am still unable to access anything.  Store, browser, etc.  I have no apps, nothing.  It's just empty and will not connect to anything.  Is there something special we need to do to get it working again?  I have reset factory settings several times.  I have even created new accounts on Facebook and still cannot access anything.  I would love to get some exercise in tonight.  Any help appreciated.  

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Everything worked close to perfectly even in off-line mode, so never felt any problems. Enjoyed some Defector and Arktika.1 last night - but I don't play multiplayer games. Revive and CV1 worked fine. 

Arktika.1 did take longer to load - best guess is that cloud saves didn't work and that I had to wait for something to time out. 

But nice to have the forum back 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Welcome back everyone, hope the outage wasn't too much of a problem and maybe you even enjoyed a bit of a social detox and spent the evening talking to you partners and kids 😊

Like Rune, my apps seemed to work ok during the down-time but I'm not really using any multi-player or social apps at the moment. All the app thumbnails disappeared in the Quest but they ran ok.