cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Facebook Server Outage - Oct 4th

Oculus_RyanS
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
We're aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. Our teams are working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

This can cause login and gameplay issues on Oculus, along with access to any Facebook services and apps.

11 REPLIES 11

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Yep, same here. My Quest 2 can play fine with no internet at all (tested when I got to work today, it had no wifi connection for a week and I shut off wifi, could still play Beat Saber), assuming I'm not doing multiplayer. My CV1 and Go still worked too (had a quick round of Arizona Sunshine hoard mode and Audica before work, while Oculus was still down).

But a lot of people apparently did have their Quest 2s stop working, which is odd since it's a portable headset, one of the points of it is moving it around and it might not have internet. Maybe they all were trying to play purely multiplayer games.

Just think of the Facebook staff stuck outside because apparently the front door id badge readers were network based. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there @JCHStudio! We can see that your device was having issues during the outage. If the issue is still going, please go ahead and send us a private message so we can do some troubleshooting steps and take a closer look at this. Thank you!