cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart your computer error

sfaz423
Sightseer
HI so I just got an Oculus Rift S and I've been trying to set it up for about the past 6 hours now and every time I try to install the app it installs for something like 20 minutes and then gives me an installation error. I've tried nearly every solution I've found and nothing works. I attached the OculusSetup.log file the installer gave me, if someone could let me know what's going wrong and how to fix it I will be incredibly grateful, thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey sfaz423, can you try temporarily disabling or uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere and try re-running the setup. If that doesn't resolve the issue, get another set of setup logs and create a ticket here. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

sfaz423
Sightseer
@OculusSupport I have already disabled both my antivirus as well as my windows defender, that log was created with that setup prepared and it still gave that message

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
The logs that you attached noted "[Debug] [12/25/2019 5:14:54 PM] Anti-virus found: Webroot SecureAnywhere(266240, Enabled, Up-to-date)" which means it's still active. Even if you had it disabled at the time, it may be running in the background and causing issue. Temporarily uninstall it and try once again, if it persists create a ticket. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

sfaz423
Sightseer
tried again, didn't work, sent in a support request but if anyone else on the forum wants to take a crack at it here's the OculusSupport.log file from the no antivirus attempt

jaceyessir
Honored Guest
Bump. I’ve had this problem ever since I got it Christmas morning. Have you found a fix yet?

Robespierre007
Honored Guest
Hi. I have the same problems with the same errors and I have 2 days trying. Have you fix it? I will appreciate if you can share the solution. Thanks 🙂

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
HAD something similar, mine loaded the oculus software but didn't let me log in it just froze after. I fixed it using REVO uninstaller (free version) apparently there's a corrupted trace left in the registry when you uninstall using the normal oculus uninstall (lots of stuff left in your C drive after the uninstall) revo scans it and you delete everything oculus and re install oculus and it worked for me The revo is easy to work with just follow instructions it will give you a similar page like when you go in windows control panel to uninstall a program, click oculus and uninstall in the bar on top. Oculus will uninstall as usual, then revo will scan, show you all that's left and ask you if you want to delete, anyways just follow it's easy, you want to get rid of everything oculus (your games and programs will not be affected)
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD