cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisit the price

kongking
Explorer
We get a miraculous tech for a few hundred bucks. VR is not new anymore. Why a bunch of plastic with years old electronics costs 600 $?

Yes. It's a troll post. But with right cause - there are millions of people who have put the whole VR  thing on hold. The graphics performance is literally available with PCs, consoles with mediocre GPUs right now. Why still 600.-? Just drop it, 300.- and you see 10x increase of the user base. No one looses anything. Everyone wins. Everyone meaning who considers the gains for their money realistically. Remember Gmail with their 15gb space? Whoever does this first for VR will win. Maybe Oculus.
69 REPLIES 69

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
They just took $200 off of it.  Either pay what it's being offered for, or don't.  Stop whining that it's too expensive because you are poor.

kongking
Explorer
No whining. I don't care for it for 600.-. As the majority of  people. That just delays the spread. I can wait for another 5 years very calmly. As with the rest of reasonable people. Hype is over.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

kongking said:

No whining. I don't care for it for 600.-. As the majority of  people. That just delays the spread. I can wait for another 5 years very calmly. As with the rest of reasonable people. Hype is over.

Guess you'll have to.  $600 is pretty good for what you get.  Far less than the cost of the hardware to run it.

kongking
Explorer
Oh. missed an insult there:)
600 can be spent on many things that are better than VR. Thats the point.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

kongking said:

600 can be spent on many things that are better than VR.

I disagree,  It's one of the best things I've spent $800 on.

kongking
Explorer
99% of people thinks - 600.- for a thing that gets a fraction of my time.. nah
Its not a luxury item. Its plain old soldering and boiling some plastics. A screen. Lenses. A box. All bot-work. Just multiply. No vanity either. Nothing like that. It's a tool. And I'm not attacking Oculus. It's the hype. It has died off. 200.- cut is not doing it. 300.- for the final product (with better screen if you can) and we are there with you. No fans, normal people.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Normal people?  Normal people don't even have PCs to run a Rift, they complain that the Gear is too expensive.  Oh and you want a better screen, along with the significantly higher PC requirements, even though you're already complaining that $600 is too expensive?

kongking
Explorer
Again, I remind you with the Gmail trick - they weren't ready but predicted what was going to happen if they offered that. They demolished pretty much every other service. And guess what. Im not whining. I'm just proposing to take the leap and see what happens. 300.-, a 700.- PC can run all the games now. Perfect. Huge boost. I have hard time to believe that it actually costs 300.- to put a HMD together nowadays. If thats the case, they should fire some people.

kevink808
Superstar
No, cut the foreplay and just make it free.  Why bother charging anything at all?  Oculus should be a charity for poor gamers.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.