cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.3.1 Update - Release Notes

cybereality
Level 16
We're rolling out 1.3.1 this afternoon. Here are the release notes for the update:
  • Sensor firmware update

• Gamepad disconnected is no longer a critical notification

• Fixed installer issue related to Windows registry

• Fixed a bug in platform runtime that caused certain game builds to crash

• Fixed a bug related to processing Canadian credit cards

• Fixed issue where Home would occasionally fail to show up in headset

• Bug fixes and stability improvements to the installer, runtime, desktop app, and Home
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
186 REPLIES 186

cybereality
Level 16
Good to know.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nulpher243
Level 3

xensu said:

@cybereality What is the reason for the segmented update as opposed to all at once update?

Typically server load balancing and also to ensure they don't potentially break everyone at once if something slipped by QA (like how Microsoft seems to have a nasty habit of doing).

cybereality
Level 16

khos85 said:

Hi, apologies for asking, how do we get the update?

The update is automatic, though you may have to wait for it to propagate.

nightauditor198
Level 5
Good news! Thanks!

dcoetzeejaunt
Level 3
Can you please clarify whether developers will see a new SDK update or update to Oculus Utils on the developer website? Or does this update not require any action from developers?

hellary
Level 3

KNP54 said:

DK2 IPD workaround:

edit
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Oculus\NetServer.cfg
edit line that says
"DK2LensSeparationOverride":	0,
change 0 to your IPD.

I haven't tested this since I have an IPD of 64mm

Let us know if it works.

Edit: Just tried it and it works!!! You have to enter your IPD in meters. For example ipd of 63.8mm you would enter 0.0638

This is not correct. This apparently changes the physical lens separation setting, not the IPD setting - i.e. when people used modifications to move where the lenses sat. Apparently changing this will lead to migraines and pain, we need a proper IPD setting - I'm fine with it being hidden away in a configuration file but for now, we're stuffed.

@cybereality Can we please get a small hot fix to allow DK2 users to set the IPD? Manually in a config file would be fine. Not being able to use or develop with our DK2s while we wait for our CV1s to arrive is pretty sucky!

cybereality
Level 16
I would stay away from hacking those files. You will likely do something wrong and end up straining your eyes.

Greenfire32
Level 7

Does that address the CPU usage stuck at 100% issue or is this unrelated?

cybereality
Level 16

Does that address the CPU usage stuck at 100% issue or is this unrelated?

No, those are unrelated issues.

gamefan101
Level 5
Netserver.cfg setting works for me.  (Has worked since 0.7)

My IPD is 72 (according to the old DK2 driver IPD tester). No I haven't got a frogs head 😉

Getting by with a set of 67.5 lens separators.

I understand (hope) that the CV1 is less critical with the horizontal sweet spot.